Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #341  
Old 2018-11-05, 08:05 PM
pimenm pimenm is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pickering, ON
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesrus View Post
Were they only in the garbage or did you find them in your home as well?
Your mailbox keys you have to call Canada post then they will send the keys to a pick up location. Garbage is generally every other Thursday I believe. Recycle bins mine were in my garage but Iíve heard people go pick them up at the office.
We set traps inside the house but only the one in the garage caught mice.
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 2018-11-06, 08:07 AM
NeoCloudZero NeoCloudZero is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pickering
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenm View Post
We set traps inside the house but only the one in the garage caught mice.
Which units are you in? These mice problems can potentially affect neighboring units in the same row. I was renting at a townhouse and we had the same issue with mice, there was a crap load of mice and mice poop everywhere in the attic as they cross over through the roof. I'll have to check it too if i'm one of your neighbors lol.
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 2018-11-06, 01:30 PM
pimenm pimenm is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pickering, ON
Posts: 55
Default

We're in block 10. Set some traps in your garage, use peanut butter or cream cheese.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 2018-11-07, 08:17 AM
NeoCloudZero NeoCloudZero is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pickering
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenm View Post
We're in block 10. Set some traps in your garage, use peanut butter or cream cheese.
Sorry I'm not sure which one is block 10 lol
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 2018-11-07, 08:25 AM
NeoCloudZero NeoCloudZero is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pickering
Posts: 35
Default

Nvm I am at building 10... i'll buy some mouse trap today. Thanks. Also did you end up finding more mice after?
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 2018-11-07, 08:39 AM
pimenm pimenm is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pickering, ON
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCloudZero View Post
Nvm I am at building 10... i'll buy some mouse trap today. Thanks. Also did you end up finding more mice after?
We haven't caught any since the first night I caught 4, crossing my fingers they have been eliminated.
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 2018-11-07, 08:57 AM
NeoCloudZero NeoCloudZero is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pickering
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenm View Post
We haven't caught any since the first night I caught 4, crossing my fingers they have been eliminated.
Did you check your attic? and also I just realize that under our cabinet there's actually a space that the builder didn't really use anything to cover up. I saw it when I tried to plug my stove in.
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 2018-11-12, 01:14 PM
Js2018 Js2018 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6
Default garden townhouse

Hi, I'm new to the thread. We bought in 2016 for phase 2. They finally started our construction and its moving along but i'm nervous to see how things will turn out and we should be finding out soon if there is yet another delay. (were currently set to move in march) I drove by phase one gardens and can't help but notice they look small and the extra balcony was added off of the bedroom. Can someone post pictures of the rooms? IM DIEING TO SEE because we purchased our furniture and I'm getting anxious that it won't fit up the stairs. Any other advice?
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 2018-11-16, 10:20 AM
kriskm kriskm is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ontario/ Pickering
Posts: 45
Default

I am not in a garden, so I can't help there. But check online, I believe there are a few for sale, so you'll see pictures in the listing.

I am in a coach, and I will say that I am glad I waited until I moved in to buy most of my furniture as I did find it was smaller than I had expected. I ended up only being able to get a "condo" size sectional couch, and I had to sell the kitchen table I had bought and get a narrower one instead. Also, yes the stairs are quite narrow! It was tough for the delivery guys to get my couch, headboard & queen mattress up the stairs - my walls got pretty banged up! It will depend on your floor plan though too - the floor plan for the coach towns might be more narrow, and our staircase has turns.

I did see some neighbors who were able to hoist their furniture from their driveway, over their balcony and in through the patio doors - so that is always an option too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2018 View Post
Hi, I'm new to the thread. We bought in 2016 for phase 2. They finally started our construction and its moving along but i'm nervous to see how things will turn out and we should be finding out soon if there is yet another delay. (were currently set to move in march) I drove by phase one gardens and can't help but notice they look small and the extra balcony was added off of the bedroom. Can someone post pictures of the rooms? IM DIEING TO SEE because we purchased our furniture and I'm getting anxious that it won't fit up the stairs. Any other advice?

Last edited by kriskm; 2018-11-16 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 2018-11-19, 10:44 AM
NeoCloudZero NeoCloudZero is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Pickering
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskm View Post
I am not in a garden, so I can't help there. But check online, I believe there are a few for sale, so you'll see pictures in the listing.

I am in a coach, and I will say that I am glad I waited until I moved in to buy most of my furniture as I did find it was smaller than I had expected. I ended up only being able to get a "condo" size sectional couch, and I had to sell the kitchen table I had bought and get a narrower one instead. Also, yes the stairs are quite narrow! It was tough for the delivery guys to get my couch, headboard & queen mattress up the stairs - my walls got pretty banged up! It will depend on your floor plan though too - the floor plan for the coach towns might be more narrow, and our staircase has turns.

I did see some neighbors who were able to hoist their furniture from their driveway, over their balcony and in through the patio doors - so that is always an option too.
I am in a garden, and I too think it's smart to wait till you get the house to figure out what furniture to get. However I had no problem getting the decent size sectional up to the second floor, but as you were saying i had to pull the King size mattress through the balcony as it was really tight and it'll take a lot of effort to get it through the stairs. I am currently wondering how I would move the furniture out of the house if one day i decide to move. lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Postal Codes for Main Street Stouffville silvio&cindy Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane 30 2007-02-15 03:49 PM
Main Street Stouffville KC and Dana Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and WheleríS Mill 6 2006-09-18 02:24 PM
Main street Stouffville Rowdyruffboy Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and WheleríS Mill 25 2006-07-07 09:27 PM
Main Street Village - Falconcrest Ryan&Julie Milton 23 2004-08-03 09:35 AM
Main Street & James Snow Parkway vw4life Milton 3 2004-03-23 04:11 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.