Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-04-19, 12:54 PM
Regular User

It would be interesting to see what opens up, considering the plaza across from it already has the usual suspects: Canadian Tire, Shoppers, LCBO, bank, Tim Hortons

If the renderings are accurate it would make it also look much modern and pleasant.
Old 2018-04-20, 03:48 PM
Regular User

Wow another price increase just happened... They just released a couple new blocks of towns as well
Old 2018-04-20, 04:53 PM
Regular User

Oh wow! that's crazy, it's interesting that it was for this development only.

Do you happen to know which blocks were released? they don't seem to update this information on their website.
Old 2018-04-23, 09:11 AM
Regular User

Yea they seem to be the only builder in the area that doesn't have the site plans for their developments posted on their website! I stumbled upon their iPhone app and it shows the site plan with all of the lots, which ones are on hold, sold, or available. They update it very frequently too. I check it every day! Anyway, the new blocks are block 66 and 16. All 27 lots of the original release are now sold. They are moving more and more machines into the development now too. It's hard to believe folks will be living in there a year from now!
Old 2018-04-23, 12:28 PM
Regular User

Thank you for this! it appears they have an Android app with a site plan and a few different renderings of the townhomes.

EDIT: upon spending more time with the app, it appears that once you are on the main page of townhomes, there is an obscured white icon in the top right corner shaped like a globe with "360" on it. clicking on the icon will lead you to a very nice 360 tour of the Calypso model home (same as the one seen in the promo video) with options to go anywhere in the house.

Last edited by cgyh1; 2018-04-24 at 10:49 AM.
Old 2018-06-18, 07:08 PM

Hello everyone,

We just bought an Atlantis at Cowans Grove. Making structural decisions now. We are in one of the lots backing on to the school yard...Any of my close neighbours here?
Old 2018-06-18, 07:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshankrising View Post
Hello everyone,

We just bought an Atlantis at Cowans Grove. Making structural decisions now. We are in one of the lots backing on to the school yard...Any of my close neighbours here?
Hi there!

Congrats! We are just around the corner on Rathburn. Are you doing any interesting structural changes? The Atlantis has some pretty awesome layout options on the bedroom floor!
Old 2018-06-19, 09:01 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
Hi there!

Congrats! We are just around the corner on Rathburn. Are you doing any interesting structural changes? The Atlantis has some pretty awesome layout options on the bedroom floor!
Thanks! We are adding a fourth bedroom (office) and deleting the walk-in.

So many pretty just-for-the-kicks options available and they all cost an arm and a leg. Just sticking with the few below.

Adding obscured glass to the main door panels, oak staircase, ensuite washroom with ceramic shower walls+slim acrylic base, and linear 36" fireplace in the living.

Not sure of this is available for all towns but, really loving the basement finished storage area - hoping to use it as a linen closet - tuck away all the heavy winter blankets.
Old 2018-06-20, 11:36 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshankrising View Post
Thanks! We are adding a fourth bedroom (office) and deleting the walk-in.

So many pretty just-for-the-kicks options available and they all cost an arm and a leg. Just sticking with the few below.

Adding obscured glass to the main door panels, oak staircase, ensuite washroom with ceramic shower walls+slim acrylic base, and linear 36" fireplace in the living.

Not sure of this is available for all towns but, really loving the basement finished storage area - hoping to use it as a linen closet - tuck away all the heavy winter blankets.

Welcome! I have done similar upgrades. I also chose the upgraded walk-in shower and the upgraded fireplace.

The storage area in the basement is not available in the Calypso model. Not sure about the other ones.

I pass by the area often. They are doing lots of work with respect to creating the two main street that will straddle the area, one continuing the Findlay Creek Drive and one adjacent to the Canadian Tire.
Old 2018-06-20, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgyh1 View Post
Welcome! I have done similar upgrades. I also chose the upgraded walk-in shower and the upgraded fireplace.

The storage area in the basement is not available in the Calypso model. Not sure about the other ones.

I pass by the area often. They are doing lots of work with respect to creating the two main street that will straddle the area, one continuing the Findlay Creek Drive and one adjacent to the Canadian Tire.
Thx and congrats to you too! I'm happy with the slim acrylic profile - we were quoted 2500~ for the single pivot glass door+ceramic walls+slim acrylic base. The tiled floor option was an additional 1500 plus. I really wanted to enlarge the shower, but that meant reducing the size of the master walk in. So we kept it as is.

We live only ten mins away, hardly pass by the area though - good to hear that roading work has started.

Did you get the walls re-inforced for wall mounted TV?