Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Tarion Questions

Tarion Questions Ask questions and share your experiences with Tarion. Note: It is to be understood that Tarion is not involved with this forum at all and that what you post should be factual. Do NOT post builders names or names of any of their representatives.

Old 2019-01-23, 05:54 PM
Regular User

Thank for that information!

They are still investigating, but I think they are only investigating whom is at fault and who has to pay to fix it. The furnace installers or the builder. The furnace guy said they would call me tomorrow with probably more appointments to visit.

Last edited by stittsville resident; 2019-01-24 at 10:47 AM.
Old 2019-01-23, 07:21 PM
Regular User

You should have paperwork that says what kind of furnace was supposed to be installed in your home.
Old 2019-01-23, 07:53 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
You should have paperwork that says what kind of furnace was supposed to be installed in your home.
Yes, I have a description of the kind, but the size is not listed and I don't remember ever seeing a size listed.

The kind ranges in size from 40,000 to 120,000 btu's on the manufacturer site.
Old 2019-01-24, 09:14 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stittsville resident View Post
Yes, I have a description of the kind, but the size is not listed and I don't remember ever seeing a size listed.

The kind ranges in size from 40,000 to 120,000 btu's on the manufacturer site.
The details of mine were in the upgrade book. That is where it listed what came standard with my home and my options for upgrading the furnace. In my case I went for the upgrade which is why I paid attention to this piece. If you have an upgrade book, it may be in there.
Old 2019-01-24, 10:47 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
The details of mine were in the upgrade book. That is where it listed what came standard with my home and my options for upgrading the furnace. In my case I went for the upgrade which is why I paid attention to this piece. If you have an upgrade book, it may be in there.
Thank you for trying to help. As you know, there is so much paperwork involved in a deal like this that it can be easy to lose track. We didn't get an upgrade book, but we did a list of items we chose which were upgrades and for whatever reason, some standard items are listed in that list as well. I did go through that again just now to make sure I hadn't missed it, but nope, there is nothing about the furnace.

When I said they told us the type, that was only because I asked several times. They only mention energy star certified natural gas furnace with ecm motor in the spec sheet and that's the only mention. I got the brand and model because I kept asking and I wanted to upgrade the furnace to one with a variable ecm fan, but they wouldn't let me upgrade and they never told me the size of the furnace etc.
Old 2019-01-28, 05:56 PM
Regular User

Suggest you contact city building inspector department. They should be inspecting the hvac and this is a major oversite.
Old 2019-01-28, 07:02 PM
Regular User

Thank you for the encouragement. I have managed to secure an onsite appointment with an upper management level employee of the builder this week. I will give them one last chance to do the right thing. I am a lot more educated now and prepared to point out how incompetent they have been and how poorly they have delivered on their service.