Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2006-12-03, 05:24 PM
maria musselman maria musselman is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 188
Default incentive packages

A friend of mine is looking at a fieldgate home and I saw the bonus package that they now get with every home right now and it is huge!! The list of upgrades that is included is amazing. I can't help but feeling jealous that my home didn't come with such features. I guess maybe I shouldn't have looked at the fieldgate package at all then I wouldn't be stewing right now. The grass may seem greener on the other side but when you are making such a big investment as a first time buyer don't you want the most for your money? When we bought our home the other builders in town didn't compare in our estimation but within the last month this seems to have changed. It looks pretty competative and I wonder if Mattamy will drop ther prices or start offering an incentive package? Will any of us that have already bought get any added bonuses? I guess not,but it feels like a kick in the stomach.
__________________
maria+eric





Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2006-12-03, 05:41 PM
klmrobinson klmrobinson is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stouffville, Ontario
Posts: 1,185
Default

Maria,

Don’t worry about it, trust me nothing is “free” from builders:

http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=1435&highlight=incentive

They get paid for everything they do, one way or another. I am more concerned about the quality of the home and I would put Mattamy’s quality up against any builder. They are great.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2006-12-04, 02:33 PM
maryandnick maryandnick is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 137
Smile

hi,
the real estate market is starting to slow down...this means builders must offer more "upgrades" to sell their homes. Yes the prices will soon drop, and all of us will wish we bought at a lower price, but you can never predict this kind of thing.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2006-12-04, 03:18 PM
miko1234 miko1234 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Stouffville
Posts: 953
Default

Exactly what free upgrades is fieldgate giving away these days anyways?
__________________
Miko & Jason
http://jasonmiko.blogspot.com/
Stewardson A
2007...MOVED IN!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2006-12-04, 04:08 PM
SW20 MR2 SW20 MR2 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Markham, ON
Posts: 184
Default

Not uncommon. If a builder is offering incentives, they are likely trying to sell any remaining homes. When we bought our house, there were only 5 lots left, so they were offering $5k in upgrades. The phase had already been on the market for over a year, and the new phase was release 4 months later.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2006-12-04, 04:26 PM
Bubbles Bubbles is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 244
Cool

Don't think Mattamy had to go there as their inventory sold like hotcakes.
__________________
Mattamy on Main
Raven "A"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2006-12-04, 04:31 PM
jcampbell jcampbell is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko1234
Exactly what free upgrades is fieldgate giving away these days anyways?
We just bought with Fieldgate and received the standards and extras outlined below. This is something they've been giving away for a while, so it's not just an inventory deal.

We researched all of the builders in Stouffville and just found that Fieldgate offered a little bit more in their standards package and used more brick than any of the other builders (we weren't a fan of siding, which a lot of the Mattamy homes had on them). That being said, I think some of their prices are a little bit higher to off-set some of these extras.

Fieldgate Standards
  • Gas Fireplace
  • 40 ounce carpet on second floor
  • extra tall kitchen cabinetry
  • upgrade aristocrat baseboard and casing
  • cold cellars in the basement
  • taller vinyl casement windows
  • engineered flooring system (silent floor)
  • Rough-ins - 3-piece bath in basement, central vac and security system
  • kitchen sing with ledge-back and vegetable spray
Plus - Grand Opening Bonus Package of:
  • 9 foot ceilings on the main floor
  • Oak staircase, oak hand rail, pickets and nosing on the main stair case in the natural finish
  • Asphalt paved driveway
  • Natural finish oak hardwood on main floor (except tiled areas)
__________________
Jenny & John
___________________________

The "Jasper", Elevation "A"
Country Lane
Closing: October 18, 2007


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2006-12-04, 04:48 PM
miko1234 miko1234 is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Stouffville
Posts: 953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampbell
Fieldgate Standards
  • Gas Fireplace
  • 40 ounce carpet on second floor
  • extra tall kitchen cabinetry
  • upgrade aristocrat baseboard and casing
  • cold cellars in the basement
  • taller vinyl casement windows
  • engineered flooring system (silent floor)
  • Rough-ins - 3-piece bath in basement, central vac and security system
  • kitchen sing with ledge-back and vegetable spray
Plus - Grand Opening Bonus Package of:
  • 9 foot ceilings on the main floor
  • Oak staircase, oak hand rail, pickets and nosing on the main stair case in the natural finish
  • Asphalt paved driveway
  • Natural finish oak hardwood on main floor (except tiled areas)
It looks like your home is a 40' lot with Fieldgate.

You also get similar standards with Mattamy 40' lots if I remember correctly.

Jason
__________________
Miko & Jason
http://jasonmiko.blogspot.com/
Stewardson A
2007...MOVED IN!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2006-12-04, 06:10 PM
waiting waiting is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampbell
We just bought with Fieldgate and received the standards and extras outlined below. This is something they've been giving away for a while, so it's not just an inventory deal.

We researched all of the builders in Stouffville and just found that Fieldgate offered a little bit more in their standards package and used more brick than any of the other builders (we weren't a fan of siding, which a lot of the Mattamy homes had on them). That being said, I think some of their prices are a little bit higher to off-set some of these extras.

Fieldgate Standards
  • Gas Fireplace
  • 40 ounce carpet on second floor
  • extra tall kitchen cabinetry
  • upgrade aristocrat baseboard and casing
  • cold cellars in the basement
  • taller vinyl casement windows
  • engineered flooring system (silent floor)
  • Rough-ins - 3-piece bath in basement, central vac and security system
  • kitchen sing with ledge-back and vegetable spray
Plus - Grand Opening Bonus Package of:
  • 9 foot ceilings on the main floor
  • Oak staircase, oak hand rail, pickets and nosing on the main stair case in the natural finish
  • Asphalt paved driveway
  • Natural finish oak hardwood on main floor (except tiled areas)
These standard upgrades have been offered by Fieldgate since we bought in at least Feb. 2005. This is one of the reasons we decide on this builder.
__________________
Fieldgate - River Ridge
Steeprock
Isabella Garden Lane
Present close date: Mar. 15 2007
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2006-12-04, 07:26 PM
jcampbell jcampbell is offline
Senior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miko1234
It looks like your home is a 40' lot with Fieldgate.

You also get similar standards with Mattamy 40' lots if I remember correctly.

Jason
Yes, we did buy a 40 ft lot. However, this standards/bonus package is for both Fieldgate's semis and singles.
__________________
Jenny & John
___________________________

The "Jasper", Elevation "A"
Country Lane
Closing: October 18, 2007


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VS Exterior colour packages Dr.S. Newmarket 12 2008-02-11 03:30 PM
Great Gulf Homes Possible Incentive Rob&Joselle Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane 3 2006-02-06 11:36 PM
Exterior packages chris Milton 27 2005-04-02 10:14 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 AM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.