Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2008-03-15, 12:59 AM

Default Great Service

Hey Folks,

We moved in our home last summer and we were going back and forth for awhile on what to do for Air Conditioning...so our neighbour gave us a number for an independent guy and we just had him come this week installing our system plus also a humidifier....I have to say he was excellent and the price was amazing.....I just wanted to pass on his service to other Mattamy home owners because of the great work....

For those of you who are intrested let us know we will be more then happy to pass on his number....

Peter & Stef
Mattamy
Old 2008-03-16, 08:30 AM
Regular User

Default A/C

Hi guys,

We are also moving in your community this summer and we do need to purchase & install an A/C unit. We will appreciate if you could forward us the contact info for your A/C service provider. What kind of A/C unit did you choose and what was the price range for it, including the installation service?

Thanks a lot.

A & S
Old 2008-03-17, 12:12 PM
Regular User

Default Thank you

Thank you all, for your help. We appreciate it and we are looking forward to become part of the same community.

A & S
Old 2008-03-18, 12:44 AM
Regular User

Hi Peter and Stef

could you pass on that AC guy's info. we want to get one installed soon as well as a humidifier. If you dont mind me asking, what did you get and what did you pay for it?

Also, is it the same brand as the furnace?? I heard there might be some warranty issues if you get an AC or humidifier from an outside vendor???

Thanks
Old 2008-03-18, 11:25 AM
Regular User

I've posted this many times before. The warranty on your furnace is only void if it can be proven that the additions you or your agent did created any future problem. In many cases the AC vendor you choose will warrant you in those instances (provided you specify that they have to). Your warranty isn't automatically void the instant you add an A/C unit, a new thermostat or anything else for that matter.

If you don't want to believe what I have written, I strongly encourage you to Google Applewood, obtain their number and call them yourself to find out the facts (they are the company that did the furnaces in Phase III). I can assure you that I did this before ripping the 20 cent thermostat that they installed for our furnace off of the wall.

Just because there is a big sticker on the furnace or garage or any other part of your house claiming that something will happen doesn't mean that this is the reality. They want you to believe that this is the case so that 90% of us will blindly believe that this is the case. If you do that you are more likely to buy more equipment from them. If you ask the right questions you will get the legally correct answer.
MOVED IN!
Old 2008-03-18, 04:19 PM

Default Simple Living Heating and Air Conditioning INC.

Hey Folks... Here is the info

His Company is called Simple Living Heating and Air Conditioning INC. and he does free estimates...

Tel#416-738-8635 --George
Old 2008-03-18, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Please ask George if he would like to do a proper advertisement on the site.

Thanks.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2008-03-19, 10:08 AM

I am not advertising for him I am just sharing my experience with other new home owners and trying to pass on the info because we saved money...

Isnt this what this forum is about sharing our info and helping other new home owners where they can save....

The guy did a great job and he was the cheapest out there....