Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General chit chat that doesn't have to be specific to home ownership.

Old 2008-03-31, 10:05 AM
Regular User

Default Beat Greg Up Discussion

We have a friend that has the SAME issue and the Sundial fix sound ludicrous, especially since his vent is ALREADY to the side and not the front of the room.

If the air in the vent is being cooled, that means the space in which the vent is running is NOT properly insulated. That is, the flooring/ceilin NEEDS insulation.
The only logical fix for this is to insulate the bedroom floor/porch ceilin, any other approach is simply a waste of time and further compromise of your investment.

Maybe Sundial's fix includes insulating the bedroom flooring??! There is NO WAY a professional builder could be as consistently incompetent as this is indicating.
Let us know the results.

Last edited by GregS; 2008-03-31 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Removed link.
Old 2008-03-31, 10:21 AM
Regular User

Default Beat Greg Up Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Please follow up with your builder in writing and I am sure they will handle the issue appropriately. Make sure you CC Tarion on everything and keep on top of it to make sure it is fixed, otherwise it is assumed fixed.

I know Sundial reads this forum and I am sure they too wish to satisfy all parties.
Greg, have you thought of becoming a lawyer? That bull**** you wrote sounded great! I guess you got a few letters from Sundial in the past!

As for the original poster, make sure you document EVERYTHING in your 1 year deficiency report and REFUSE to sign anything from sundial that says that the work has been completed UNTIL you've been able to see if it works out or not. Make sure you send something to Tarion every 100 days or so (double check that) otherwise they assume that it's fixed. I'm pretty sure you can keep this problem open until next winter.

I would also try to be a squeaky wheel.. have you escalated high up the sundial chain? I went up to the vice president of my builder once for a few issues that had been dragging on for 8 months or so.. they got resolved the week after.

Last edited by mart242; 2008-03-31 at 10:26 AM.
Old 2008-03-31, 10:34 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart242 View Post
Greg, have you thought of becoming a lawyer? That bull**** you wrote sounded great! I guess you got a few letters from Sundial in the past!

As for the original poster, make sure you document EVERYTHING in your 1 year deficiency report and REFUSE to sign anything from sundial that says that the work has been completed UNTIL you've been able to see if it works out or not. Make sure you send something to Tarion every 100 days or so (double check that) otherwise they assume that it's fixed. I'm pretty sure you can keep this problem open until next winter.

I would also try to be a squeaky wheel.. have you escalated high up the sundial chain? I went up to the vice president of my builder once for a few issues that had been dragging on for 8 months or so.. they got resolved the week after.
lol
Gregs tolerance here is quite low. Borders on Paranoid.
Greg's own rules state .. quote "Although the administrators and moderators of BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. "
The mesages here are all FACTS..
"We Love SUNDIAL" Messages are Glorified, but as soon as someone post anything to help and warn other, the Webmaster becomes paranoid.
Is this Cuba? China? Communist Russia ?

We know Sundial monitors this site, rightfully so. Maybe they will see the messages and provide a better product.
The intent here is not to destroy, but to build.

Anyhow, since Greg deleted the link.. Simply google "Sundial Complaints" and check the first 3 or so results.

(Let see if Greg deletes or modifies this also.. lets see how effective Sundial's threat to the Webmaster is)
Old 2008-03-31, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Greg, have you thought of becoming a lawyer? That bull**** you wrote sounded great! :lol: I guess you got a few letters from Sundial in the past!
I have received no letters from Sundial or any other builder, and I am trying to keep it that way.

There was another website that turned into a cess-pool of builder complaints and eventually it went offline. I will NOT allow that to happen here.

Now many people come here to post complaints about their builder. This is NOT the place to do it. People don't seem to actually follow the systems in place to get some sort of resolution, meaning their lawyer, Tarion and their builder. These are the ONLY parties who can resolve the issues.

If you have a problem with your builder, TALK TO YOUR BUILDER ABOUT IT! Write everything up as clearly as possible, get legal advice from your lawyer, and make sure you include Tarion on everything! If you are not getting the results that you think you should be, then get your lawyer involved.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2008-03-31, 10:41 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I have received no letters from Sundial or any other builder, and I am trying to keep it that way.

There was another website that turned into a cess-pool of builder complaints and eventually it went offline. I will NOT allow that to happen here.

Now many people come here to post complaints about their builder. This is NOT the place to do it. People don't seem to actually follow the systems in place to get some sort of resolution, meaning their lawyer, Tarion and their builder. These are the ONLY parties who can resolve the issues.

If you have a problem with your builder, TALK TO YOUR BUILDER ABOUT IT! Write everything up as clearly as possible, get legal advice from your lawyer, and make sure you include Tarion on everything! If you are not getting the results that you think you should be, then get your lawyer involved.
BS.

You must think you are dealing with children here.

It is obvious you are intimidated or simply disconnected.
You probably should not ahve created a site to share information, instead should just be one huge AD for wiring and central vac installation, cause anything else, the first thing usay is Talk to Lawyer and builder.
You could say it till you are blue in the face.
It is transparent what goes on here.
Old 2008-03-31, 10:42 AM
Regular User

Quote:

But that's what people want to hear. When I'm in the process of buying a home, I want to know which builder doesn't resolve issues. I don't care that you picked brown ceramic. What is important is to know that I'm investing 300 - 400k in the right builder that will not simply run away and not answer my phone calls when I have issues.

Mentioning a problem like the original poster is doing should be encouraged. That poster NEVER said to not buy a sundial home. He / she was simply stating a fact and her experience: they are behaving like clowns while proposing silly solutions. There is nothing wrong with stating the facts providing they can be documented.

Let people tell their story about their builder and all the problems they've had and I guarantee you the number of subscribers (and advertising revenue!) will skyrocket.

Anyways, I guess that this thread will get locked soon so to the original poster: fight it. Don't let them say that it's fixed or that by cutting the carpet in your bedroom and putting fiberglass everything will be fine.
Old 2008-03-31, 10:42 AM
Regular User

Quote:

how does it become a cesspool of builder complaints?
Show where this was a cesspool of complaints???!
You must be kidding.
Old 2008-03-31, 10:44 AM
Regular User

Quote:
But that's what people want to hear. When I'm in the process of buying a home, I want to know which builder doesn't resolve issues. I don't care that you picked brown ceramic. What is important is to know that I'm investing 300 - 400k in the right builder that will not simply run away and not answer my phone calls when I have issues.

Mentioning a problem like the original poster is doing should be encouraged. That poster NEVER said to not buy a sundial home. He / she was simply stating a fact and her experience: they are behaving like clowns while proposing silly solutions. There is nothing wrong with stating the facts providing they can be documented.

Let people tell their story about their builder and all the problems they've had and I guarantee you the number of subscribers (and advertising revenue!) will skyrocket.

Anyways, I guess that this thread will get locked soon so to the original poster: fight it. Don't let them say that it's fixed or that by cutting the carpet in your bedroom and putting fiberglass everything will be fine.

Exactly.
Well said.
Old 2008-03-31, 10:52 AM
Regular User

And one more thing: if builders are afraid of problems that are posted here, they should not have created these problems in the first place. I'm not saying build the perfect house, I'm saying: if you built something incorrectly, don't be an ass about it and fix it properly without us waiting for months.

We're in the internet age. People will know and want to know. Offer it and they will come. Your site could become big. Really big. Want to be protected? Make rules then:
- You'd better have the documentation supporting your problem otherwise it doesn't exist and will be deleted
- Never say to not buy from a builder. Just state the facts.

Bingo, you're protected. You then enjoy the rise in membership and retire at 45 with the profits from advertisement.
Old 2008-03-31, 11:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
And one more thing: if builders are afraid of problems that are posted here, they should not have created these problems in the first place. I'm not saying build the perfect house, I'm saying: if you built something incorrectly, don't be an ass about it and fix it properly without us waiting for months.

We're in the internet age. People will know and want to know. Offer it and they will come. Your site could become big. Really big. Want to be protected? Make rules then:
- You'd better have the documentation supporting your problem otherwise it doesn't exist and will be deleted
- Never say to not buy from a builder. Just state the facts.

Bingo, you're protected. You then enjoy the rise in membership and retire at 45 with the profits from advertisement.
lol!

and I would also advise you that in this day and age, with THIS kinda website, maybe YOU (the webmaster) should speak to a Lawyer who specializes in Internet activities.

A builder should NOT be turning your screws the way it is obvious that Sundial is turning yours.

Listen, this is NOT an inditement on Sundial. The customer service people seem ok. More responsive than expected sometime,(definately better than Emery it seems) the problem is with what happens on the site. Maybe Sundial should look into the site supervision.
While the customer service is adequate, the onsite work is atrocious.
Who signs off on the work done?