Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-11-21, 07:23 PM
Regular User

Talking Sears Appliances

I see there is a great thread that updates people as to when sears garage door openers go on sale. I thought it would be a great idea to do the same for major appliances. I would find it increadibly helpful at least.

so to start:
Sears days are on this weekend NOV 21,22,23
15% off if you buy 3 major appliances, 10% off one
Old 2008-11-22, 12:37 AM
Regular User

based on my experience buying from sears I would discourage anyone from buying an appliance fromt he sears store in the Ikea mall
Old 2008-11-22, 12:48 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgauvin View Post
based on my experience buying from sears I would discourage anyone from buying an appliance fromt he sears store in the Ikea mall
??? You can't just say that and not explain yourself.
How do we know your not crazy like the rest of us!!!

Original Closing Date Sept. 16th
Revised closing date Dec. 17th
Revised, revised closing date Jan 05th
Old 2008-11-22, 07:42 AM
Regular User

"based on my experience buying from sears I would discourage anyone from buying an appliance fromt he sears store in the Ikea mall"

I don't think that was the point of this thread, but thanks for stopping by

Last edited by Goldenbrook; 2008-11-22 at 07:44 AM. Reason: quote
Old 2008-11-22, 09:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havenhurst08 View Post
??? You can't just say that and not explain yourself.
How do we know your not crazy like the rest of us!!!

The salesman was pushy and unwilling to listen to what we wanted, he was more interested in pushing what he wanted to sell rather then what we wanted to buy.I was lied to, they made false promises and was treated to such wonderful lines as "I'm doing you a favor" in a snarky tone when I had the nerve to ask about the warranty (and no, he wasn't do me a favor, he was completing the sale with no "extra's", no extra savings, no extra throwings, nothing. Just a lazy salesmans who treated us, his customers like ****.

I am sure it makes me sound like a nutjob and I am fine with that. I am not advocating avoiding sears. I am advocating avoiding that store and going to other Sears stores where you'll be treated appropriately.
Old 2008-11-22, 09:25 AM
Regular User

There are bad sales people at pretty much any store you go to. It's unfortunate you got the lazy one, but it doesn't mean it's a bad store. If it had been my experience, and I didn't like the way the transaction was going, I would have cut it short, and found another sales person to deal with.

We've bought from that location, 5 appliances when we moved into our current house. We had no problems at all. We had picked out a washer and dryer and then were told they were going on sale the following week, but we wanted the whole sale done at one time, so he gave us the sale price that day. We actually were able to get about $1500 in total knocked off the overall price of the appliances. We had no problems with delivery. All that to say, a good experience.

So back to the OP...while I don't have any particular sales at the moment, I will add that it's always good to ask for discounts when going in to buy at Sears. They will almost always, in our experience anyway, drop their price if asked.
Old 2008-11-22, 09:26 AM
Regular User

I guess you just had a bad sales guy because we went there and had a GREAT experience!! Our sales person printed off comparison sheets for us, price matched and even gave us free delivery. I would go there again in a heart beat!!!
Old 2008-11-22, 01:01 PM
Regular User

I had a great experience at that store, the guy's name was Frank, he is friends with a few familes I know. Got a great deal on a washer/dryer and dishwasher... printed out spec sheets for me, explained the difference between products... overall, great sales person and experience... much better than the b**bs at The Brick...

Anyways... the sales are great at Sears this weekend, so much so, that I'll be going back for a price adjustment from last weekend

Just as a quick update: when I went to the store on Sunday for my price adjustment, to my surprise, the customer service people had already given me a credit (they go through all the purchases of the last 30 days and if the price is lower, they apply a credit automatically!), and I would see it on my CC bill.... honestly, best service I've received at an appliance shop.
2 weeks to closing I get a...
2nd Delay *NEW* closing: January 2009 (this better be it!)
Fairwinds, Kanata

Last edited by Mrs. Stroumboulopoulos; 2008-11-24 at 09:23 AM.
Old 2008-11-22, 11:04 PM
Regular User

Bought my last two homes appliances from Sears in the Ikea mall from Pamela. I recommend her to everyone. She would call me and tell me that she was giving my account a credit because my item went onsale so she price matched it for me. Old school sales lady, i.e knows how to deliver customer service. Sears will price match anyone, I saved roughly $3000 thelast purchase by price matching and by going through Pamela.
Old 2008-11-22, 11:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgauvin View Post
The salesman was pushy and unwilling to listen to what we wanted, he was more interested in pushing what he wanted to sell rather then what we wanted to buy.I was lied to, they made false promises and was treated to such wonderful lines as "I'm doing you a favor" in a snarky tone when I had the nerve to ask about the warranty (and no, he wasn't do me a favor, he was completing the sale with no "extra's", no extra savings, no extra throwings, nothing. Just a lazy salesmans who treated us, his customers like ****.

I am sure it makes me sound like a nutjob and I am fine with that. I am not advocating avoiding sears. I am advocating avoiding that store and going to other Sears stores where you'll be treated appropriately.
Just picked up 3 pieces there at that store and their services were first class. I went to the other appliance store next door and the services were not as good. But then that may just be a bad sales person.