Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2004-02-03, 09:44 AM
Regular User

Default PDI for February 12 was great

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday we did our PDI and it was really fun. David was really nice and he was able to anwser alot of our question. We also brought in our own Inspector John Peters(905-849-8231) who was also able to provide us with question we had regarding the Basement & renovations.

For any who might be getting nervous about the upcoming PDI please relax. Dave will explain everything and also supply you with an handout so you don't have take any note.

Later 4 now
Vw4life
Old 2004-02-04, 09:36 AM

Default PDI

When is your move in date? Just wondering if they will be calling us soon to do our PDI.

Thanks
Kelly
Old 2004-02-04, 09:38 AM
Regular User

Hi Kelly,

We close on February 12th.
Old 2004-02-04, 10:25 AM

Default OH

Oh I see. So they will probably call us in about a month or so as we close on March 31st.

Kelly
Old 2004-02-04, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Default Re: OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly&Chris
Oh I see. So they will probably call us in about a month or so as we close on March 31st.
I don't get it.. your place has been like done externally for over a month :)
Old 2004-02-05, 09:43 AM

Default I dont get it either !

The outside has been done for longer than a month I think and the inside has been done since December. I did notice some minor repairs they were working on when I was in the house about 2 weeks ago. I guess when the plumbers were in there and they turned the water on one of the pipes was leaking and they had to smash a hole in our wall in the bathroom. But that is fixed now and the wall is repaired. I noticed they were working on a hole in the wall in one of the bedrooms and that was there 2 weeks ago. I guess we just need to be patient.

We have not been contacted about moving in early but thats ok because we are in a lease in our building. It was so nice to give notice on February 1st though. I am sure March 31st will be here soon enough.

Has anyone hired that handyman who is posted on this forum somewhere to hook up all the appliances? If so what did you think? Is there anyone out there that knows someone who can do it? We also purchased an over the range microwave to replace our beautiful fan. So i think there will be some electrical worked involved in that. Any info/referals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kelly
Old 2004-02-08, 01:36 PM
Regular User

how was the quality of the wall painting on your PDI and did you see it before when it was first painted. The door of our house was open 2 weeks ago when we went by, they had done the first paint and had painted insulation and wood chips right onto the wall. I'm sure they are going to have to sand again to fix it. as far as I know they dont paint than sand and then paint again. Dag