Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2011-11-30, 08:28 PM
Regular User

Default Temperature Difference Between Main Floor and Second Floor

I'm just curious...if the thermostat on my main level is set at 21 (Celcius), what kind of difference can be expected on the second floor?

All summer long the difference was exactly 1 degree. So far this winter, the difference has been about 1 degree but it hasn't gotten really chilly yet and our bedroom is above the garage.

So let's say it's -21 outside and the difference goes to two or three degrees. Is that still with in the range of "normal".

I'm keeping an eye on it, and obviously if my room goes to 14 this winter I'm going to let the builder know.

My question I guess is, at what point does the difference go from "that's normal in a 2 storey house" to "oh man, that just ain't right!"