Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-03-17, 03:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torune View Post
For all new houses, it's about 1 ton per 1000 sqft excluding unfinished basement.
If you have huge open space, it's about 0.8 or 0.9 ton per 1000 sqft.

2.5ton is definitely not powerful enough for 3200sqft house.

Anyway, don't get R22 A/C.
Torune,
Come to think of it, it was 3 ton in the 3200 sft house. Still underpowered though.
Correct me if I am wrong but I am reading that R22 will still be produced until 2020. After that, recycled R22 will still be available. The only time you need to recharge/replace the refrigerant is when a problem arises.

I'll try to get him to sweeten the deal on the R410 unit.
Old 2010-03-17, 03:33 PM
Regular User

January 1, 2010:
The Montreal Protocol requires the U.S. to reduce its consumption of HCFCs by 75% below the U.S. baseline. Allowance holders may only produce or import HCFC-22 to service existing equipment. Virgin R-22 may not be used in new equipment. As a result, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system manufacturers may not produce new air conditioners and heat pumps containing R-22.
January 1, 2015:
The Montreal Protocol requires the U.S. to reduce its consumption of HCFCs by 90% below the U.S. baseline.
January 1, 2020:
The Montreal Protocol requires the U.S. to reduce its consumption of HCFCs by 99.5% below the U.S. baseline. Refrigerant that has been recovered and recycled/reclaimed will be allowed beyond 2020 to service existing systems, but chemical manufacturers will no longer be able to produce R-22 to service existing air conditioners and heat pumps.
For more information about this phaseout, see fact sheets about the HCFC Phaseout Schedule and Frequently Asked Questions on the HCFC Phaseout.

What Does the HCFC-22 Phaseout Mean for Consumers?
Availability of R-22

The Clean Air Act does not allow any refrigerant to be vented into the atmosphere during installation, service, or retirement of equipment. Therefore, R-22 must be recovered and recycled (for reuse in the same system), reclaimed (reprocessed to the same purity standard as new R-22), or destroyed. After 2020, the servicing of R-22-based systems will rely solely on recycled or reclaimed refrigerants. It is expected that reclamation and recycling will ensure that existing supplies of R-22 will last longer and be available to service a greater number of systems. As noted above, chemical manufacturers will no longer be able to produce, and companies will no longer be able to import, R-22 for use in new A/C equipment after 2010, but they can continue production and import of R-22 until 2020 for use in servicing existing equipment. Given this schedule, which was established in 1993, the transition away from R-22 to the use of ozone-friendly refrigerants should be smooth. For the next 10 years or more, R-22 should continue to be available for all systems that require R-22 for servicing.
Old 2010-03-17, 07:56 PM
Regular User

Keep it up guys! The price has been lowered a bit:

Quote:
The response is Good! (22 Confirmations as of 2 pm on March 17th)

We are Proud to offer you new lower prices.
Group members who had it installed already will receive the difference back in the mail within 2 weeks.

2 Ton GSX13024 - 1930.00 Tax included.
2.5 Ton GSX13030 - 1970.00 Tax included.
3 Ton GSX13036 - 2080.00 Tax Included.

These prices include Installation, materials, taxes and warranty.

All Installations come with 10 Years on Parts, 10 Years on Compressor and 5 Years Labor (higher then most other popular brands.)

Please have new group members email us at sales@axisheating.com
with there names, address, phone numbers and house sq.footage with mention of the Promotion #6775.
They can also call me on my cell anytime at 613-315-AXIS.

Feel free to provide any/all of this information to your current/new group members.

Thank you and the group members for the growing list of confirmations,

Old 2010-03-18, 01:30 PM
Regular User

E-mail sent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryst View Post
First, I would like to thank BCN for getting the original ball rolling on this.
I just started this because there seemed to be about 2-3 possible deals in that thread which was kind of confusing.

I've decided to go with Axis Heating.
Website
BBB

Here is the deal:
UPDATED MARCH 17: with more confirmations, the price has been lowered!

Goodman 13 SEER R410A GSX13024 2 TON
$1930 GST INCLUDED
10 Years Parts and Compressor
5 Years Labour

2.5 Ton GSX13030 - 1970.00 Tax included.
3 Ton GSX13036 - 2080.00 Tax Included.

In terms of getting the price lower, he said as more people signed on, the price for everyone could possibly get lower.

HST applies if payment made after June 1. You can make installment payments until end of May.

From AXIS:

Should also add this:

So everyone who is going to sign on, or has already signed on, please let it be known here!

Last edited by GVC76; 2010-03-18 at 01:44 PM.
Old 2010-03-18, 08:06 PM
Regular User

Does anyone know when is the latest that it could be installed? I don't close until Aug 31.
Old 2010-03-18, 08:08 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdude View Post
Does anyone know when is the latest that it could be installed? I don't close until Aug 31.

I don't think it would be a problem. My initial e-mail with them, I said that there would be homebuyers closing any time from now until August.

Just make sure to pay before June 1, or you'll pay HST.

Old 2010-03-18, 09:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I don't think it would be a problem. My initial e-mail with them, I said that there would be homebuyers closing any time from now until August.

Thanks. I just emailed them to see if they would be okay with it.
Old 2010-03-19, 05:44 AM
Regular User

Axis sent me an email with a correction on the HST , it will apply after JULY 1, not June 1 as i had first posted.

Old 2010-03-19, 11:08 AM
Regular User

Quote:

If you are only having it installed after July 1st then you will probably have to pay HST (at least on the installation). Even if you pay for it before July 1st.
Old 2010-03-20, 05:06 PM
Regular User

I'm signed up now