Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-10-26, 10:56 PM

Default anyone in strandheard meadows

Closing on Jan 26th and wondering if anyone alreiady lives there. The builder is phoenix.
Old 2009-10-27, 04:19 PM
Regular User

Smile Yes

I am also moving in January to Standherd Meadows. I know few satisfied owners of phoenix homes. They love the community and are also happy with the builder.
Old 2010-04-28, 10:34 AM
Regular User

How are things going with your new Phoenix homes in Strandherd Meadows? What has your opinion of Phoenix been? I have been looking at their townhomes in Strandherd Meadows - their prices are excellent (in comparison to a lot of the other builders).
Old 2010-04-28, 11:24 AM
Regular User

So far, they have made A LOT of mistakes with the build... but thats for another thread.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:33 PM
Regular User

Hmmm. That's not good.
Old 2010-04-28, 01:11 PM
Regular User

Default what kind of mistakes

hi Barrhaven,
what kind of mistakes are you refering to?
Old 2010-04-28, 04:50 PM
Regular User

lol. They put the wrong colors of stone, siding, & shingles on our house, along with the wrong color of gararge and front entrance doors.

Inside, we asked for an over the range microwave instead of a hood fan & cabinets. Well, there's a hood fan and cabinets. Also we asked for some other things to be deleted and they weren't. I'm yet to see how Phoenix will address these issue before our move in date in 2 months. If its all correctable then no harm done but my advise would be to keep an eye on things during construction.
Old 2010-04-28, 05:42 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrhaven View Post
lol. They put the wrong colors of stone, siding, & shingles on our house, along with the wrong color of gararge and front entrance doors.

Inside, we asked for an over the range microwave instead of a hood fan & cabinets. Well, there's a hood fan and cabinets. Also we asked for some other things to be deleted and they weren't. I'm yet to see how Phoenix will address these issue before our move in date in 2 months. If its all correctable then no harm done but my advise would be to keep an eye on things during construction.

Wow.

That is big list of items that were not accurate. It's odd that a builder would miss that many items as they usually have a blueprint of everything right in front of them at all times.

Wow, is all I can say. I hope they fix them...good luck.
Old 2010-04-28, 06:05 PM
Regular User

My brother bought a Phoenix home in Strandherd Meadow. They were rushing for the closing date, so it was not in excellent condition when we went in. The bigger mistake was the missing vent for the dryer, which requires digging a hole on the dry wall after closing. There were also some missing shingles on the roof, as well as the exterior covering of where the fireplace situated. So birds were nesting in those area and making a lot of noise. There were water leakage on two places of the roof as well. The hardwood floor has squeaking noise right from start, and still having that noise after 2 years (mind you, we have humidifier for the house). Not to mention about other small cosmetic problems in the house.

However, overall, the house's floorplan is well loved. It looks spacious and comfortable to live in.
Old 2010-04-29, 12:27 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
Wow.

That is big list of items that were not accurate. It's odd that a builder would miss that many items as they usually have a blueprint of everything right in front of them at all times.

Wow, is all I can say. I hope they fix them...good luck.
That's what I thought. I can only think that there was a communication error between the design centre and construction.