Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2010-09-21, 10:44 PM
Regular User

Default Mulberry Meadows

I've lived here for four months now and am getting so frustrated with the way things are going with the site. I am on Duffy Lane, and since this is a "lane" they're telling me that the grading is different so I still have no curbs, therefore no driveways, sidewalks, or grass. I'm just getting so annoyed that new people are moving in with everything already done, and here we were having to wait for months alone for the inside, and still now waiting for the outside. I've emailed the site coordinator, and of course she has no answers, so I email sundial directly, and its been over a week and still not even a response.

Just thought I would vent. Anyone else having these problems??
Old 2010-09-22, 09:19 AM
Regular User

Yeah I agree with you and your frustration. I am on the next street and we have grass and curbs. That street seems so unfinished, the houses, the roads and everything.

I would keep on them. I would contact them and keep at them, obv you want things done before the cold weather is here...
Old 2010-09-23, 10:11 PM
Regular User

Hi, I am supposed to be closing next month and I've read a lot of the things that people have put on here and it's got me soooo nervous!!

In regards to the grass and sidewalks...although it's a pain not to have them as yet, given the time of the year, I don't think you would really want them to lay down the grass right now or the sod would probably be dead within a month and then next year you would have to fork out the money to replace all of it! In regards to the sidewalk I've been told that if it's too cold that the cement will end up cracking.

Aside from these items, have you had a lot of other problems? if so can you share what types?

Thank you.
Old 2010-09-24, 08:47 AM
Regular User

Well I have grass and mine looks great actually. My issue is that they are adding sod to houses that noone lives in. So clearly noone will water them. But me and my 3 neighbors have great grass!
Old 2010-09-24, 02:08 PM
Regular User

Hi All,

I am one of those houses that has grass where nobody lives! I close on October 14 (16 Hesketh)

I do have a question for those that have already closed though - how early was your PDI before your actual closing date? And did they fix all the deficiencies by the closing date?

Thanks.
Old 2010-09-24, 02:15 PM
Regular User

October 14 is close~ Excited?

My PDI was only a handful of days before. And they were laying the carpet while I was there. It wasn't really in PDI form for me to see it that way I think....So I couldn't approve any flooring obviously. And my front sliding glass closet doors and vanity mirror were missing but were in for me closing.
The house was a mess to be honest for me during my PDI , my tub was filled with all the crap of the day. But all in all it was done.

Well I would keep an eye on your grass. Luckily it's going to be raining soon though..

I am actually 32 on Hesketh
Old 2010-09-24, 03:15 PM
Regular User

I am SO EXCITED!!! Lol...after waiting 2+ years, its been a long time coming.

My only worry now is the closing costs and the moving part. How hard was it for you to move in a mattress (queen) and a sofa...did it fit ok?
Old 2010-09-24, 03:19 PM
Regular User

I don't know what model you have. But I know a lot of people had issues with their couches. Most had to get them cut to get into the house and the mattresses were hard too. I myself bought a split box spring for a Queen rather than even trying to get one up there..Yeah i was surprised on closing for sure.....I wasn't expecting all of that