Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2011-04-18, 12:22 PM
Regular User

Default Appliance Rebates

We purchased a set of new Electrolux Appliance back in March to take advantage of the manufacturer's rebates at the time. We don't actually take possession of our new construction home until August 2011. Sears will hold on to the appliances until we take possession.

But we were told that we could proceed with the rebate online right now, and then input the serial numbers for the appliances upon delivery.

I went to the online rebate site for Electroluc today, and it states the following:

Click on 'Rebate Redemption' and follow the step by step instructions to register your claim. If you have not taken delivery of your appliances you may still pre-register after your purchase. All claims will be void if not completed and received by May 18, 2011.

So I can't complete the rebate claim without the serial #s. I won't get the serial #s until the appliances are delivered in August. Does this mean we won't get the rebate?

Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation (regardless of the brand of the appliance) and has some insight?

Thanks
Old 2011-04-18, 02:20 PM
Regular User

Why don't you contact Electrolux?

Send them an email, or if you call, have them email you a response so you have a copy.
Old 2011-04-18, 02:31 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukolou View Post
Why don't you contact Electrolux?

Send them an email, or if you call, have them email you a response so you have a copy.
Yeah we did call, and they transferred us to a voicemail message that told us to e-mail them in regards to rebates. Not sure how long it will take to get a response, so I figured it was worth a shot asking on the forum to see what others have experienced while we wait.
Old 2011-04-18, 02:51 PM
Regular User

when we purchased our LG appliances the rebates were instant so we didn't have a problem.

I just tried to do a dummy rebate if you enter 0s into the serial number and select that you will mail in the receipts it will let you continue. Then when you send in the rebate just state that you haven't yet taken possession