Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-05-04, 08:07 PM
Regular User

Default Mattamy Highwood elevation b upgrades

We just purchased in Fairwinds (two weeks ago) and emailed our Customer Rep with some questions. One was about upgrades in their model home. The response I received was that we would get a list of upgrades 7 months prior and nothing until. When we signed our papers the sales associate was very helpful and gave us estamites for flooring upgrades and the like. Seems odd one would help and the other would not. Has anyone else experienced this?? As a side note would anyone be able to help us out. We are trying to work out a budget so we have an idea of what we can afford. Without at least an estimate it makes discussing it very difficult. If you have anything related to upgrades in the Highwood, a response would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2009-05-04, 08:16 PM
Regular User

Yeah they're not very helpful when it comes to that stuff. Your best bet is to ask someone here who can send you a copy of the design book. I have a Highwood design catalogue but it's from 2007 and the Main Design book, which applies to all modes from 2008. If you PM me your email address, I can send you a copy.
Old 2009-05-04, 09:00 PM
Regular User

My wife and I just purchased a Highwood(Elevation A) in Fairwinds as well, a little over a month ago now. Unfortunately we can't help you much either with upgrade questions, we have no idea when our design appointment is.
Don't know if you have picked up your welcome package yet, but be prepared to discover a note stating that all upgrades such as flooring, cabinets etc.. will require a 35% deposit at your design centre appointment. That was a bit of a shock to us.
But seeing as we purchased just before you, I can notify you here or by email when we get some upgrade prices if you like.
Old 2009-05-05, 06:42 AM
Regular User

Congrats fellow Highwood owners. I purchased a Highwood elevation A in HMB and have the new design catalogue. If you PM me I can send it to you. I have also done the first design appointment and am waiting for a call for the second, so if you have any questions let me know.
Old 2009-05-05, 08:10 AM
Regular User

Congrats on your purchase... We have the "C" elevation and we moved in several months ago in the Fairwinds division. If you ever want to drop by and take a look at what the upgrades look like you are most welcome.

We also have an upgrade book, but ours is a year old now.