Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2009-07-09, 11:17 PM
Regular User

Post Mobilia Furniture

Hi all - has anyone purchased furniture from Mobilia? We have been dealing with the Markham location.... havent committed to buying anything yet bit really like a sofa set. They are not being that flexible with price. Has anyone had success at negotiating there?? If you have purchased with them, are you satisfied with the quality of your furniture??? Any info/feedback appreciated!
Old 2009-07-10, 09:38 AM
Regular User

i haven't bought from them, but i hear they are really nice stuff but are very expensive.
Old 2009-07-10, 04:04 PM
Regular User

The stuffs are very nice, we were going to buy from them but we could not agree on the terms of payment. We loved the furniture though.
Old 2009-07-10, 05:33 PM
Regular User

My coworkers brother bought some furniture from them and it took about 6months to get it. Apparently it was shipped from India and yes they didn't budge on pricing.
Moved In: April 10th 2010
Old 2009-07-10, 09:05 PM
Regular User

Yeah - they gave us the same speech. The materials are sent from Italy to China where it is constrcuted and then here. They said 4-5 months!!
was your coworker happy with the final product? and have they had any issues that you know of?
Old 2009-07-12, 05:20 PM

Bought from there a few years ago. Asked for service as our furniture had some issues and never got a reply back. Nothing was done about it!

Great furniture, great quality, yes, very $$$ (you get what you pay for) but the service is what did it for me. I'll never go back! Sorry to spoil it. I got more service from one of the little shops on Kennedy Road in Scarborough but of course the quality is NOT Mobilia.
Old 2009-07-12, 06:34 PM
Regular User

Just purchased a sectional there yesterday. Yes if you pick colors not in stock youll wait 4-6months, luckily what we ordered was in stock in montreal(there depot) So we expect delivery in 2 weeks(just a few days after we close)

The entire store was nice, i have been less the excited about ottawa furnature stores (brick,leons,lazyboxy united ect ect) When i walked in here i was wow! but ya the prices are not for the faint of heart. Luckily we found a leather sectional for just under the price of one we where going to get at colonials closing out sale... So we are pretty happy... so far, i can post back when ever it gets delivered.
Old 2009-07-13, 11:25 AM
Regular User

We bought 3 pieces of furniture from them last fall. 2 of the 3 were damaged. They did look after things but it took many many phone calls and chasing after them.

The quality isn't nearly as good as many other stores but the prices aren't as high either. Furniture is truly one of those cases where you get what you pay for. If you are looking for stuff that will last a long time I would avoid anything made in China. The quality is just not there. Unfortunately that's where most of the stuff at Mobilia, Structube, EQ3 etc are from.
Old 2009-07-13, 12:02 PM
Regular User

i buy all my furniture from a place in Brampton called Direct Interiors. their prices are cheepest. what i'd recommend is find the furniture you want from whatever store and then go to Direct Interiors and tell them the manufacturer and model and they will give you a much cheeper price.
I bought my couches there, my entertainment unit and bedroom set. If something costs about $1000 in a regular store, they would probably cost about $700 at Direct Interiors.
Old 2009-07-13, 12:17 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
My coworkers brother bought some furniture from them and it took about 6months to get it. Apparently it was shipped from India and yes they didn't budge on pricing.
My apologies but I only had half the story.

After they kept calling in every two weeks and being told excuse after excuse, they only received the kitchen chairs after 6 months, the table was still on back order. They got fed up and ended up canceling the order. This was also an ordeal in itself because they had to go back to the manager three separate times. They also bought some bedroom furniture which they never got.

Lastly, the BBB has given them a rating of F (check for youself) for the Ottawa location, not sure about the one in Markham.
Moved In: April 10th 2010