Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Real Estate Questions

Real Estate Questions Planning on selling your home? Looking to buy a resale? Post your comments and questions here.

Old 2011-02-22, 11:17 AM
Regular User

Post Best Time to Sell

Hi All,

We are looking to sell our home at the best time so that we can easily transition from current home to new home (scheduled to close August 16th).

Originally we were due to close June 30th, and were going to sell early March. Assuming my wife and I have a place to stay if we close earlier than the timing for our new home to be ready, is it a good idea to still sell early march rather than wait for May (giving a few weeks to sell then 90 days to close for a mid-August closing date)?

The reason I ask is two fold:
1) We have heard spring time is best time to sell
2) with the new mortgage rules only allowing a 30 year amortization schedule, will this affect house prices?

Of course no one knows for sure, but I'm hoping to gain some insights!

Thanks,
Dave
Old 2011-02-28, 05:21 AM
tinkrroyi

I suggest you to speak with a local, licensed Realtor to get an idea of real comparatives so you can see what you can expect.
Old 2011-06-09, 12:30 PM
Regular User

From what my real estate agent told me recently, March sounds about a good time to sell - it's a point where there is less competition and yet people are looking to buy. With our new home coming up next year, we're gearing for that month ourselves.

(So on reflection maybe, it's not a good time for you.)

Old 2011-06-30, 11:23 AM

I think it would be important to get your home on the market as soon as possible. If you sell sooner, then you could always find a monthly rental where you can stay until you move into your new home. I know it took us a long time to sell our house and I wish we had put it on the market sooner.