Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Peel Region > Brampton

Brampton For residents of and soon to be residents of Brampton. Mattamy, Paradise, Skyhomes, Cachet, Townwood, Remington, Royal Park, Northstar, Ashley Oaks, Regal Crest, Rosehaven, Royal Pine, Eden Oak, Medallion, Castlestone and more.

Old 2012-07-11, 02:08 PM

Default Brampton

Hello,

So is it really that bad?

I am looking at a brand new house in the west side and I need to know if it is really as bad as it is said online.

Thanks!
Old 2012-07-11, 03:05 PM
Regular User

it all depends on what you are looking for.I have heard schooling is not at its best for kids.Some of my relatives lives there.They never had problems but yeah it just have a bad name spread all over.Property prices are not that bad as other areas in west end and i think thts the reason.
Old 2012-07-13, 09:14 AM
Regular User

Old 2012-07-13, 11:43 AM
Regular User

I'm moving out of Brampton for the following reasons:

(1) Commute is really bad to work
(2) Property taxes are ridiculous $4700 for a 1900 sq foot house
(3) Car insurance is ridiculous
(4) People can't drive in Brampton
but, it's not as bad as people make it out. If you work in Brampton live there. But, dont live on the west side. The Government has moved people from jane/finch area to the west side for rental housing and it's getting really bad.
If you plan to live in Brampton live in the castlemore area, they are extending 427 and close to woodbridge, toronto.
The only downfall in the area is that it's 90% south asians and raising kids witin on race is something to consider. But, the rest of the GTA will also be predominantly south asian, oriental in 5 years. so think about that as well.
Old 2012-07-13, 01:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh View Post
I'm moving out of Brampton for the following reasons:

(1) Commute is really bad to work
(2) Property taxes are ridiculous $4700 for a 1900 sq foot house
(3) Car insurance is ridiculous
(4) People can't drive in Brampton
but, it's not as bad as people make it out. If you work in Brampton live there. But, dont live on the west side. The Government has moved people from jane/finch area to the west side for rental housing and it's getting really bad.
If you plan to live in Brampton live in the castlemore area, they are extending 427 and close to woodbridge, toronto.
The only downfall in the area is that it's 90% south asians and raising kids witin on race is something to consider. But, the rest of the GTA will also be predominantly south asian, oriental in 5 years. so think about that as well.
Nice one. Thanks.
Old 2012-07-13, 01:35 PM
Regular User

Really helpful
Old 2012-07-13, 09:21 PM

How about south Bramton? I basically am looking to live within 20 minuts of Van Kirk Drive.... any suggestions?
Old 2012-07-13, 09:58 PM
Regular User

I would say buy somewhere else
Old 2012-07-17, 04:28 PM
Regular User

The credit ridge area is really nice and gets a lot of interest. Property prices there are getting really high - some of the houses in this area are being sold by builders for $1M+. Not sure if there is resale value there, too pricey for the area IMO - time will tell. But some problems remain - high insurance rates, poor school ratings, and other which have already been mentioned - doubt they will be addressed anytime soon.
Old 2012-12-22, 03:30 PM

I agree with all points made. My background is Portuguese and I've been in Brampton for 6 yrs now. Definietly stay in the Castlemore area; thats where I live. Avoid the West end. Have my 2 kids in a local Catholic school and it's pretty good; especially with full yr kindergarten; works out well. Bolton is just 15min away. We do most of our shopping there to get away from the hustle and bustle on Queen St. Car Insurance & Taxes are the 2 killers but the flip side is the homes are considerably cheaper than most places and it's just north of Toronto for those that need to commute to work.