Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2004-07-17, 01:37 PM
Regular User

Default GREENPARK - "SMELL" IN THE BASEMENT

Hello Everyone,

I really don't know how to approach this...
We went to check out the house yesterday and there was a small puddle and smell of pee in the basement!
(I think I know by now how it smells). I'm assuming it's the workers... who else?? It's very rude and it makes me angry! I think I read someone's post before regarding the same issue...
Next time u check out your future brand new house, pls check the basement if they're doing the same thing to ur house. Pls let me know.
Can anyone suggest where and how do i complain about this?

Thank you!
Old 2004-07-17, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Please deliver things like this directly to the site supervisor and let them take them appropriate action. Written notice is best as a phone call can easily be forgotten. Keep track of everything you tell them. This is _very_ important.

Here is the message you were referring to:

http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...opic.php?t=204

Keep in mind that Greenpark has a number of No Trespassing signs in the neighbhourhood now.. so they might like to know how you know what is in the basement :)
Old 2004-07-17, 04:51 PM

Default Smell in Basement

Hello neighbour,

I have the same problem at you ---- this only started to happen after the drywall (begin working on patching of the wall, sanding, etc...). First I found it in the basement, I was very angry and have reported to the site supervisor. The site supervisor has apologized and promised to clean up the basement with special chemical prior to our closing date.

A week later, I returned to inspect on our house and found that they have stop using the basement as a toilet but instead using the bathtub in the main washroom as the toilet. This individual is a pig, he urinated whereever it is convenience. The whole 2nd floor smells horible --- you do not know how I feel about this!!!!

Again, I reported to the site supervisor with a diplomatic way --- please note that this is not the supervisor's false therefore do not direct our anger at the supervisor. The world is made up all all types of people, unfortunately including these.

Like before, the supervisor apologized and clean up ( I actually cleaned it again after it has been cleaned using two bottles of Javex).

Ever since, the patches, sanding, and painting were done --- No more incidence (knock on wood).

Smile and forget about this individual, let look at the bright side, your house is beautiful and the upcoming friendly neighbourhood.

PS: Thank you Greg, for a wonderful web site.
Old 2004-07-17, 05:10 PM
Regular User

Thank you for all the input... The house right now is at the drywalling stage. (coincidence??) I posted this topic because i wasn't sure how to handle the situation. I want to complain but at the same time I don't want to irritate the site super... I will definitely enjoy the house in the near future, I just don't want pee in my basement, that's all, just like everyone else.

Anyway, Greg thank you for the suggestion, we will probably write so that there's hardcopy. Keep up the great work!
Old 2004-07-21, 10:32 PM
Regular User

Default pee breaks

we noticed the same but with no smell.......no asparagus that day I guess!! sorry could not resist. I assume it is what has already been said but dont know. when we went o to check the house last weekend, we did notice a few kids running out of a house so it could be anyone. We found a few beer bottles too, comforting to know! put it in writing and a journal
Old 2004-07-26, 09:53 PM
Regular User

Default pee breaks

We went back a week later to check it out... The puddle and smell are still there... I guess when they gotta go, they gotta go... hehe! Unfortunately at the buyers' expense. Anyway, the site super said that they will wash the whole basement with chemicals. He said it's hard for them to control these contractors or whoever... I guess that makes me feel a little bit better now. He was very nice to talk to and apologetic as well.

However, something else turned up on the same visit... hehe! Oh the joys of buying a new house. Someone made a big bubu, they put the chandelier fixture in the family room (where the fireplace is) and not in the dining room... So just be aware... Anyway, they said they will be moving it to the correct area...

This is just so much fun! It's ok, just one day at a time right?
Old 2004-08-22, 12:48 PM
Regular User

Default Re: pee breaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter
we noticed the same but with no smell.......no asparagus that day I guess!! sorry could not resist. I assume it is what has already been said but dont know. when we went o to check the house last weekend, we did notice a few kids running out of a house so it could be anyone. We found a few beer bottles too, comforting to know! put it in writing and a journal
hey Carter,

how's the "gift" in the basement problem coming along??? our basement is now dry and no pee smell anymore. fortunately, we didn't have to suffer the pile(s) of "gift" in the basement. the "puddles" stopped after we spoke and wrote to the super and wrote to the builder (we CC'd the builder so that the super takes it seriously, and he did!). i guess, putting it in writing is better, just like what Greg suggested. also it stopped after the drywalling was finished... according to the super they wash the basement with chemicals before the closing date. still, i intend to follow someone's suggestion to use at least 2 containers of javex in the basement. GOOD LUCK!!!