Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-06-01, 08:49 PM
Regular User

Default Unhappy Monarch demonstrator in Stonebridge!

Got back home today at 2:30ish and saw a couple demonstrating about Monarch. The sign reads "Monarch Ignores Customer Issues!"

My wife spoke with the nice couple and apparently they've been having issues since they moved in (Nov. 07). Monarch lawyers and hers are involved, least to say they are unhappy and wanted to share or advertise their frustration.

This was on Jockvale - Blackleaf corner today. I hope things work out with them.

Lovin' the community.
Old 2008-06-01, 10:08 PM
Regular User

Wow - did they specify what types of problems they've been encountering? Most of the feedback I've heard about Monarch has been positive.... but I guess every builder is bound to have some things that don't go very well...
Old 2008-06-01, 10:17 PM
Regular User

This is pretty extreme, i agree that most of the comments posted on this forum about Monarch has been positive but you do the odd negative ones.
Old 2008-06-01, 10:58 PM
Regular User

Yes, we saw the domonstrator too. I spoke with the guy and he is from Bradley Estates in Orleans. I hope things work out for him. I spoke with him but I wonder if he hired a home inspector during the construction and afetr the 30 days.

I still think that Monarch is one of the best builders in Ottawa. I spoke to some new owners at Stonebridge and Brookside and they were all very happy with their homes. No complaints. A lot of them said that Monarch is the best compared to the previous home builders they have bought from in the past.
Old 2008-06-02, 09:01 AM
Regular User

Certainly not the best method to try to get a builder to resolve your issues. If their lawyers are involved I'd be surprised if they didn't advise them against doing this.

I'm having plenty of difficulties with my builder as well, but I'll keep my faith in them, and fall back on Tarion when the time comes.

If they got possession Nov '07, then their 30 day should have been fixed by end of April '08, and a Tarion mediator should have been called in in May '08. Hopefully they've kept up with their obligations and are protected by Tarion for any real deficiencies.
Old 2008-06-02, 09:15 AM
Regular User

We've heard about this from our friends who moved to Stonebridge just recently! This is really unfortunate. I hope things work out to this couple. I wonder what their trouble with Monarch is. I also thought holding a sign and doing such a demostration is against the purchase agreement between the buyer and Monarch (I read a clause something in the agreement outlining that!).
Old 2008-06-02, 02:47 PM
Regular User

I am absolutely against demonstrations... I just have no way of showing it.
Old 2008-06-02, 05:59 PM
Regular User

Wow...I guess something they had to have gone wrong for them to do this...

I believe Monarch builds good house and think they are on the better half of the spectrum in builders in Ottawa.

I have had some minor issues with Monarch but they have kind of fixed the majority of the issues.

No builder is perfect. I was with Holitzner before and they have a really good reputation and they had some tiny issues but were at least honest about it.

There will always be some minor issues in every builder unless you're the kind of buyer that is really easy going and super patient.

Anyways, hope all is resolved/works out for this couple.