Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-01-27, 08:14 PM
Regular User

Default Hand rails in Fernhaven

Hi, I was just wondering if any Fernhaven owners could help us. My wife and I were under the impression that we would have hand rails on both sides of our stairway. We have one on the art niche side but not the other. Should there be one on the wall side also? Thanks!
Old 2009-01-27, 11:02 PM
Regular User

Hi Beatle,

We close next week and when we saw the house last the railing is only on the art niche side but in looking at a photo I took from the model home there is a railing on the other side as well. Wouldn't be the first aspect of the model home that didn't make it into the actual product (aka window size, bath oasis size, etc...)

Oh the joy...
Old 2009-01-28, 09:28 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernhaven2008 View Post
Hi Beatle,

We close next week and when we saw the house last the railing is only on the art niche side but in looking at a photo I took from the model home there is a railing on the other side as well. Wouldn't be the first aspect of the model home that didn't make it into the actual product (aka window size, bath oasis size, etc...)

Oh the joy...
Thanks. Yeah, we noticed our bath oasis a tiny bit smaller than the model home but also noticed our master bedroom being bigger because of it...
Old 2009-01-28, 10:12 AM

We also bought a fernhaven with the Bath Oasis....in what sense is it smaller? As well as the windows being smaller? Do you mean in contrast of a 9 foot ceiling version? I know that with the 9 foot ceilings options you get taller windows etc..
Old 2009-01-28, 12:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy&Marc View Post
We also bought a fernhaven with the Bath Oasis....in what sense is it smaller? As well as the windows being smaller? Do you mean in contrast of a 9 foot ceiling version? I know that with the 9 foot ceilings options you get taller windows etc..
In the model we noticed a larger area of floor space between the bathroom counter and the soaker tub. This floor space in our home has been shortened by about a foot or so. To us, its wasted space between tub and sink. We didnt really measure the exact dimensions of the model and compared them with our home, we just noticed our bedroom looking bigger than what we remembered in the model home.

We have 9' ceilings on the main floor and we haven't noticed a difference in size of windows, but we noticed the windows in our fernhaven living room/kitchen is different from the model. In the model the living room/kitchen windows are separate single windows, in our home it is one big window with 3-4 panes together. Small differences, nothing to go crazy about!

On the second floor our windows are smaller because we have 8' ceilings (expected).