Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2009-05-21, 12:48 PM
Regular User

Question Carpet underpad - "chipfoam" vs "superpad"

Hi all,

Mattamy offers 2 carpet underpadding upgrades (for our model, at least):
  • 7/16" chipfoam
  • 7/16" superpad
Chipfoam is about 2/3 of the price of superpad.

Is the difference really noticeable? Any recommendations from Mattamy owners? Did you guys even upgrade the underpadding?

Cheers!
Old 2009-05-21, 01:01 PM
Regular User

one is super.
Old 2009-05-21, 01:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_PWR View Post
one is super.
The other one has "chip" infront...and i enjoy chips. so you can see my dilemma.
Old 2009-05-21, 01:07 PM
Regular User

Cool

Thank you for the Intro ME_PWR ... since I am a Superhero, I chose the superpad under my carpeted areas. I have always been told by carpeting experts that the slight increase in cost will extend the life of your carpet and help protect against spills, odours, etc...

I don't remember the exact difference in costs for our home, but I do remember that it was only a a couple hundred dollars tops.

Also when we bought there were three options, the standard, and upgraded chipfoam, and then the Superpad. If I recall the main difference was that the *standard* was made with recycled chipfoam materials, the upgraded chipfoam was *new* materials, and the Superpad was *all new* and had two layers of other membranes to protect against spills, stains, odours, etc...

Cheers
CB
Old 2009-05-21, 06:33 PM
Regular User

I'm going with the super superpad as well!