Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance

Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance General information on what to do with your new home. Garden, yard, driveway, basement finishing, and everything in between.

Old 2010-01-05, 12:48 PM
Regular User

Default AC installer

Hey all, anyone know of a good A/C installer in Vaughan who deals with Lennox? i want someone who knows what they are doing and is certified, yada yada yada, all that stuff.
Old 2010-03-18, 11:44 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by homie27 View Post
Hey all, anyone know of a good A/C installer in Vaughan who deals with Lennox? i want someone who knows what they are doing and is certified, yada yada yada, all that stuff.
He was at my home today to see what unit we need and he is TSSA and HRAC certified. In HVAC business from 1994 and has A+ BBB rating.
BTW I do not have a personal experience with him yet.

As I mentioned in different post:
Lennox XC14-036 (3 ton) for $3200 tax included.
I can not find a better price in a week.
http://a1msp.net

Old 2010-03-19, 07:38 AM
Regular User

I was just going to say that - make sure they come to your house. It's not good to buy a unit without having someone come over. A proper dealer will send someone over to assess your house i.e. which way it's facing, size of windows, and a variety of other things I am forgetting about at 6:30 in the morning! But anyway, don't deal with someone who doesn't bother to come and see your place.

I know someone who bought simply based on square footage and the advice of a salesperson and it turns out that the unit is not powerful enough to keep the whole house cool and it is very frustrating for the owner - understandibly. It's a lot of money to spend, make sure you get it right the first time.
Old 2010-03-19, 10:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
I was just going to say that - make sure they come to your house. It's not good to buy a unit without having someone come over. A proper dealer will send someone over to assess your house i.e. which way it's facing, size of windows, and a variety of other things I am forgetting about at 6:30 in the morning! But anyway, don't deal with someone who doesn't bother to come and see your place.

I know someone who bought simply based on square footage and the advice of a salesperson and it turns out that the unit is not powerful enough to keep the whole house cool and it is very frustrating for the owner - understandibly. It's a lot of money to spend, make sure you get it right the first time.
I only can add, ask to show you AC Certification and check if he is on the dealer list from the vendor (Lennox, Goodman, etc.)
http://a1msp.net