Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Financing, Mortgages and Insurance

Financing, Mortgages and Insurance What options are best for you and your situation?

Old 2011-03-08, 06:22 PM
Regular User

Default BEACON / FICO score vs Equifax scoring?

I'm trying to figure out how to get my BEACON or FICO score from Equifax, since banks said they use BEACON, instead of Equifax score? How do I get this or find this out, the only thing I can get so far (with paying almost $60 now total) is their own score...

Old 2011-04-01, 01:28 PM

Hello Flash, assuming you have pulled both Trans and EQ. Your beacon score would be the same as the Empirica score found on transunion. The scoring criteria from different companies have very little difference. Anything below 600 is weak anything over 800 is strong.
Old 2012-05-01, 08:46 PM

Was just about to say the same thing. I'll second this opinion. Scoring should not be that different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxeycexx View Post
Hello Flash, assuming you have pulled both Trans and EQ. Your beacon score would be the same as the Empirica score found on transunion. The scoring criteria from different companies have very little difference. Anything below 600 is weak anything over 800 is strong.
Old 2012-05-04, 06:24 PM
Regular User

Every bank is different with who they use.

TD uses Equifax, RBC uses transunion. CMHC will pull either to check your scores if they see something that doesn't make sense. Each bureau reports differently and some can be a little delayed.

You can pull your bureau once a year yourself to make sure you have no fraud.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Tara Wilkins
Old 2012-05-22, 09:56 PM
Regular User

You can get your credit score from Equifax along with your credit report for $24.95.

Your credit score is a snapshot in time of your credit report. As different lenders report to different agencies, your credit report at Equifax will be different from your report at Trans Union, and hence, the different scores. Unless one of your reports contains errors or you have bruised your credit with a lender that reports only to 1 of the agencies then your credit score should be close at both credit reporting agencies.