Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Hamilton-Wentworth > Waterdown

Waterdown Mountainview Heights, Starlane Homes and more!

Old 2012-09-18, 03:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F.D. View Post
sorry 85 DEEP I meant what is the average width/depth?
good depth. The majority are 90. I've seen 92, 97...
Will be a great community in a few years.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:27 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakville_res View Post
good depth. The majority are 90. I've seen 92, 97...
Will be a great community in a few years.
Hmm that is still alittle short but agree the neighbourhood looks to be coming together well. If you are not willing to move north or go over the burlington bridge for the most part the lots are small.

Orchard is crammed, Alton (where I'm at) is crammed, Millcroft (newer) is pricey but good lots, headon forest is total hit and miss need a lot of work, tansley woods, nice but limited inventory, oakville cha ching for detached and not being on the Go train line is not an option.

I'm hoping the release of waterdown 3 and 3B might yield some nice oversized walkout lots with backyard facing southeast. Thanks for the info.
Old 2012-09-19, 09:13 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.F.D. View Post
Hmm that is still alittle short but agree the neighbourhood looks to be coming together well. If you are not willing to move north or go over the burlington bridge for the most part the lots are small.

Orchard is crammed, Alton (where I'm at) is crammed, Millcroft (newer) is pricey but good lots, headon forest is total hit and miss need a lot of work, tansley woods, nice but limited inventory, oakville cha ching for detached and not being on the Go train line is not an option.

I'm hoping the release of waterdown 3 and 3B might yield some nice oversized walkout lots with backyard facing southeast. Thanks for the info.
There should be some nice sized ones available in the next phase. Mine right now isn't too bad - it is 98' and at one section is 102'.
Old 2012-09-19, 10:16 PM
Regular User

We are closing November 8th too!
Old 2012-09-27, 07:10 PM

I was surprised to see some people have already moved in. I thought early October was soonest closing date.
Old 2012-09-28, 11:35 AM
Regular User

Default propert taxes?

does anyone know what the property taxes will be for mountainview heights
Old 2012-09-28, 04:47 PM
Regular User

Taxes will be around $7k
Old 2012-10-05, 11:52 PM
Regular User

Property taxes depend on the cost of your home. You can go onto the Hamilton City website and input what you paid, and it will give you a figure that is approx. It is the asessment of the land/purchase price.
Old 2012-10-13, 03:24 PM
Regular User

Starlane just called, the floor tiles we ordered almost a year ago are no longer in stock for our entire main level and main washroom upstairs. Maybe they should have ordered then a year ago to avoid this issue. We took a day off to drive down to Vaughan as requested by Starlane to choose new tiles, "the new collection was in" to pick from. They had 4 reject tiles that were from the 80's that no one else had picked and were leftover’s. We were forced into picking one, so we did. After a few minutes we found out it was also out of stock, so we had to pick between 3. We were told we had to pick one or our house closing could be delayed and we would have to take another day off and come back. They didn't provide us samples of our cupboards or countertops to try and matchup the tiles we were suppose to pick. We emailed our rep at Starlane, no response at all. The best part was on top of everything we were charged an upgrade fee for picking a new tile. We had no choice, in picking a new tile (they are nuts). Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If so, any luck in dealing with Starlane?
Old 2012-10-14, 10:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lot35 View Post
Starlane just called, the floor tiles we ordered almost a year ago are no longer in stock for our entire main level and main washroom upstairs. Maybe they should have ordered then a year ago to avoid this issue. We took a day off to drive down to Vaughan as requested by Starlane to choose new tiles, "the new collection was in" to pick from. They had 4 reject tiles that were from the 80's that no one else had picked and were leftover’s. We were forced into picking one, so we did. After a few minutes we found out it was also out of stock, so we had to pick between 3. We were told we had to pick one or our house closing could be delayed and we would have to take another day off and come back. They didn't provide us samples of our cupboards or countertops to try and matchup the tiles we were suppose to pick. We emailed our rep at Starlane, no response at all. The best part was on top of everything we were charged an upgrade fee for picking a new tile. We had no choice, in picking a new tile (they are nuts). Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If so, any luck in dealing with Starlane?
I feel your pain!! I went thru the same issue with our tile in our ensuite bath shower and tub surround tiles. Luckily we did find some that were very similar however when we asked the question if we couldn't find one and had to upgrade AGAIN would we be charged for the higher end tile (and considering this was their fault) they said yes. We too had to take time off work an were given minimal notice to get down there or our date could have been pushed back!