Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Richmond Hill

Richmond Hill Century Grove, Democrat Homes, Acorn Homes, Fieldgate, Heathwood Homes, Vogue Development, Brookfield, Sky Homes, Genesis Homes, Fairgate, Fernbrook, Fieldgate, Tribute, Lebovic, Maple Lane, Great West, Mirrow Homes, Queensgate, Primont, Saberwood, Edenbrook, Luvian, Kaitlin, Pemberton, Empire Homes, H&R, Wyecliffe, The Woodlands and more!

Old 2012-12-11, 12:22 PM

Default Silver Maple/Yonge commercial store info

I found some information to update/confirm the development info for Yonge/Silver Maple road. There is a concept plan presented to town of RH in October, but it is too large to attach to this forum. Here is the link to the whole document (maps and illustrations start on page 9):

http://www.town.richmond-hill.on.ca/.../Item%2015.pdf

It also shows what the proposed look of the commercial buildings.
Included is a Grocery store, LCBO, Royal Bank, and Gas bar.

The grocery store looks pretty close to those townhouses....
Old 2013-01-02, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmabee View Post
My cellphone is with Rogers, and I get the worst reception ever after we moved up here in August, even though I have a direct line of sight with that tower at Bathurst and Milos...

Leads me to believe that it maybe not owned by Rogers..

No children in our house yet, but we're definitely looking forward to the park when it comes. And the new stuff being built at Yonge/Silver Maple - I heard it was an Esso with a Tim Hortons Drive Through! We desperately need a Timmies around here...
That's strange, I'm with Rogers as well and have full signal bars. I'm on the Yonge side (Langhorst Crescent)
Old 2013-01-02, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
That's strange, I'm with Rogers as well and have full signal bars. I'm on the Yonge side (Langhorst Crescent)
The closer you are to the tower, the worse the signal... physics.

I dont know what the signal span looks like, but if I had to guess. because its long range, and high speed, it must be a parabola. and if it is, it means that there is no signal near the antenna to a certain distance. Yonge is pretty far from bathurst, far enough to have the full depth of coverage...
Old 2015-06-14, 11:55 PM

Wonder if the grocery store will increase or decrease the value of the townhomes with the backyard facing the plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineng View Post
I found some information to update/confirm the development info for Yonge/Silver Maple road. There is a concept plan presented to town of RH in October, but it is too large to attach to this forum. Here is the link to the whole document (maps and illustrations start on page 9):

http://www.town.richmond-hill.on.ca/.../Item%2015.pdf

It also shows what the proposed look of the commercial buildings.
Included is a Grocery store, LCBO, Royal Bank, and Gas bar.

The grocery store looks pretty close to those townhouses....
Old 2015-06-15, 06:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrow View Post
Wonder if the grocery store will increase or decrease the value of the townhomes with the backyard facing the plaza
It will certainly increase the value of the entire neighbourhood. I am currently living in the area and a grocery store will certainly increase the convenience level. In terms of the townhomes, it will not lose value but more like you cannot command a premium for not backing onto anything. Depending on where the loading dock is and noise control regulation, the townhome might not be negatively affected. That's how I see it.