Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-08-28, 01:58 PM
Regular User

I've contacted a few engineers and folks part of the transportation planning that own the Greenbank contract and am awaiting some responses/details but initial replies are that this is 10yrs+ away...which we sort of knew, but this is more of a confirmation.

Will post more as I receive it...
Old 2018-08-28, 02:46 PM
Regular User

Luckily the Transportation Master Plan is supposed to be updated every 5yrs and it was established in November 2013 so technically it should be revised in a few months with new information, etc.
Old 2018-08-28, 03:16 PM
Regular User

City priorities can be shifted somewhat by pressure put on councilors by residents. I would rather see my taxes up a small amount and get some of the necessary infrastructure done sooner than later.

The excuses so far have all centered around budget. They had the Greenbank re-alignment as a bigger priority but have decided that Strandherd along with the by-pass there, were a bigger priority.

I get that, but I want both and that means busting the budget or getting more revenue. If we really want it sooner, we have to be willing to put our dollars there and let the city know.
Old 2018-08-28, 03:48 PM
Regular User

From a city employee within the transport planning department:

Due to less than anticipated revenue through development charges, Greenbank Road Realignment, from Chapman Mills to Cambrian Road, is now tentatively planned to be constructed sometime between 2025 and 2031.

Old 2018-08-29, 11:18 AM
Regular User

Another email I received...

As carried at Council on June 14, 2017 as part of Bulk Consent Agenda, (Item L: Capital Adjustments and Closing of Projects, Document 2) the City is placing short term priorities, in the area, on the widening of Strandherd Drive to not only accommodate traffic capacity concerns, but also to eliminate safety concerns near the existing Via Rail at-grade crossing.

In order to make this a priority, funds from the Greenbank Road Realignment (Chapman Mills to Cambrian Road) along with funds from Greenbank Road (Malvern to Strandherd) are being reallocated to Strandherd Drive Widening (Maravista to Jockvale) in the near term.

I guess that does benefit the area as well, but I question why there weren't funds for both projects already budgeted for and they need to borrow from one to fund another?
Old 2018-09-13, 07:20 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdarrylx View Post
Luckily the Transportation Master Plan is supposed to be updated every 5yrs and it was established in November 2013 so technically it should be revised in a few months with new information, etc.
It will definitely be interesting to see the updates in the next plan.

Btw, does anyone happen to have a map of what all the roads will look like after the realignment? I can't seem to find a clear one...
Old 2018-09-15, 11:44 PM
Regular User

I noticed in the site plan for the newly released Half Moon Bay West, Mattamy has placed the realigned Greenbank right down the centre of the community. I'm curious what their plans are, considering the houses will probably be built well before Greenbank is realigned?

If anyone is visiting the Mattamy sales centre I'd be interested to hear what they say about it.