Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-02-22, 06:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
To all you Barrhaven people.. what's the better location? Harmony (including Riversbend) or Quinn's Pointe? Or would house price be the same for both location?

I'm out out east but from looking at just the map, Harmony seems more centrally located to Barrhaven Centre and quicker access to the main roads/highway? That said, QP is literally 5 mins away, so not sure if price will be that different.
Harmony and Riversbend are much more centrally located than Quinn's Point. Now, that one magical day when Greenbank is expanded/rerouted and there's an entrance to the 416 down that way, Quinn's will at least manageable. I hope their pricing on the new phase will reflect their isolation until all that happens....

Quinn's Point being 5min away might be true at midnight on a Tuesday but not any other time. The traffic coming over the Greenbank bridge is insane after work and busy almost all the time. We moved out of the area because of the distance and traffic....
Old 2019-03-02, 12:39 PM
Regular User

Sales starts today. Prices are listed on website
Old 2019-03-03, 09:15 PM
Regular User

There are a couple re-sale listings on Knockaderry where the prices seem shockingly high to me. Up around 750K. Can anyone shed some light on why the prices would be this high in this location? Is Minto fetching some kind of premium I am not aware of? Just thought some of the folks in here might know

Last edited by HMBTUX; 2019-03-04 at 12:05 PM.
Old 2019-03-04, 11:52 AM
Regular User

Was ready to buy an Executive Townhome at the QP Phase 2 release on Saturday - luckily I stopped by the sales center on Friday, and was disappointed that the blocks we had in mind were not part of the release. Minto seemed pretty tight-lipped on when the rest of the lots might be released - does anyone have any info re: previous Minto releases on how they normally time these things out? I know part of it will obviously depend on how quickly the lots released on March 2 sell out, but should I be anticipating something within a matter of months? etc.
Old 2019-03-05, 11:06 AM
Regular User

In phase 1 (near the end) when I bought, it was 'weeks' for a new block to be released after one had just opened up. But they didn't open up just one block at a time either.

Not everyone wants to live next to a shopping plaza, or the busiest street in Barrhaven. QP def has its appeal (location, planning, one builder). I bought as close to Alottawata planned location as I could lol. Access to the area from all the back roads is nice, and the entire half moon bay area is still very much up and coming. I agree though that some of the resale prices are just insane. The price increases from late 2017 (new from Minto) is also way above the increase in the market. People are obviously buying because the houses don't stay on the market very long. Possibly still affected by buyers from other markets (ex.Toronto)
Old 2019-03-06, 11:30 AM
Regular User

hjuandok - thanks so much for this insight! I wasn't sure if weeks or months would be reasonable assumptions (can you tell I'm new to this 'new build' game - thought all lots would be available on March 2 - glad I realized that wasn't the case before heading out early to wait!).
Old 2019-03-10, 11:18 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMBTUX View Post
There are a couple re-sale listings on Knockaderry where the prices seem shockingly high to me. Up around 750K. Can anyone shed some light on why the prices would be this high in this location? Is Minto fetching some kind of premium I am not aware of? Just thought some of the folks in here might know
Poster in another thread reported 1 of these homes on Knockaderry just slashed $30K off their asking price.

I no longer live in Barrhaven so I don't keep track of real estate news and listings as diligently as I used to but I agree with you $750K for a single home in Quinn's Pointe is definitely on the higher side. I did not look at that listing but for that price, you can get a nice home in more prestigious Stonebridge or the old Apple Orchard with all the bells and whistles e.g. landscaping, finished basement etc.
Old 2019-03-10, 10:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjuandok View Post
In phase 1 (near the end) when I bought, it was 'weeks' for a new block to be released after one had just opened up. But they didn't open up just one block at a time either.

Not everyone wants to live next to a shopping plaza, or the busiest street in Barrhaven. QP def has its appeal (location, planning, one builder). I bought as close to Alottawata planned location as I could lol. Access to the area from all the back roads is nice, and the entire half moon bay area is still very much up and coming. I agree though that some of the resale prices are just insane. The price increases from late 2017 (new from Minto) is also way above the increase in the market. People are obviously buying because the houses don't stay on the market very long. Possibly still affected by buyers from other markets (ex.Toronto)
2 questions: how old are your kids? and,
Have you checked the Alottawatta website for updates lately?

You might need to have some more kids if they want to benefit from the waterslides by the time it arrives, if at all!
Old 2019-03-11, 09:24 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by canabiz View Post
Poster in another thread reported 1 of these homes on Knockaderry just slashed $30K off their asking price.

I no longer live in Barrhaven so I don't keep track of real estate news and listings as diligently as I used to but I agree with you $750K for a single home in Quinn's Pointe is definitely on the higher side. I did not look at that listing but for that price, you can get a nice home in more prestigious Stonebridge or the old Apple Orchard with all the bells and whistles e.g. landscaping, finished basement etc.
Yes this was for 41 Knockaderry, original list 650K for a fairly avg 2400 sq ft home. It is still way overpriced. I believe one of the other 2 larger homes at the higher price point sold.