Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2010-03-31, 02:15 PM
Regular User

Default Mattamy - Half Moon Bay (Phase 6)

Hi all,

I hope there is no rule (I didnt see one) against new users creating new threads.

Also I did do a little search but couldnt find anything on Phase 6 HMB by Mattamy.

We put our deposit down at the weekend on lot 105. So was jsut wondering if anyone else did so at the weekend and looking to see if we can find our neighbours.

Ciaran
Lot: 105
Closing Date: 1st delay changed from April 14th 2011 to August 11th 2011 - New Update October 4th 2011
Old 2010-03-31, 10:10 PM
Regular User

Congratulations! We bought in phase 3 and have had all of our design centre appointments and our Pre-Construction meeting. We have been so impressed by Mattamy and are loving the experience thus far!

Old 2010-04-01, 08:51 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakRvr View Post
Congratulations! We bought in phase 3 and have had all of our design centre appointments and our Pre-Construction meeting. We have been so impressed by Mattamy and are loving the experience thus far!
Thanks so much. Thats great to hear especially with everything going on in Fairwinds. Although I can completely understand the grievencess (sp) people have with Mattamy.

We are really excited by it and our house wont be ready for another year. We fell in love with the floor plans as soon as we saw the model home and just knew we wanted it.

We are from Ireland only moved here last September so the buying process here really is different to back home. We didnt know much about Barrhaven but really liked the area when we visited it first and Half Moon Bay really looks fantastic.

As you go through your process if you have any tips for us it would be greatly appreciated.
Closing Date: 1st delay changed from April 14th 2011 to August 11th 2011 - New Update October 4th 2011
Old 2010-04-01, 12:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranNiamh View Post
As you go through your process if you have any tips for us it would be greatly appreciated.
A little late for you...but one tip I'll remember for the rest of my life is that if you dislike 'street furniture' (fire hydrants, transformers, bell/rogers boxes, etc.) in front of your house, to make sure you negotiate something/have a clause added BEFORE signing the purchase agreement to get some credits if you end up getting stuck w/ one.

You'll find that if you end up with street furniture after signing and you try to get any kind of credit for it that you'll be out of luck (they won't budge) if you didn't negotiate before signing.

I guess, in short, the power of negotiation is in your hands before you sign that purchase agreement. After signing, don't expect any credits for anything =).
Old 2010-04-01, 01:11 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOh <3 KayKay View Post
A little late for you...but one tip I'll remember for the rest of my life is that if you dislike 'street furniture' (fire hydrants, transformers, bell/rogers boxes, etc.) in front of your house, to make sure you negotiate something/have a clause added BEFORE signing the purchase agreement to get some credits if you end up getting stuck w/ one.

You'll find that if you end up with street furniture after signing and you try to get any kind of credit for it that you'll be out of luck (they won't budge) if you didn't negotiate before signing.

I guess, in short, the power of negotiation is in your hands before you sign that purchase agreement. After signing, don't expect any credits for anything =).
Good tip alright, not something I thought of but was warned that those locations were at this point unknown. Still ahve to go back and collect the contracts after they ahd been to head office so might just mention it anyway. I am Irish after all, we have necks like a jockeys.....well I wont finish that phrase you can imagine for yourself.
Old 2010-04-06, 12:01 PM

Congratulations! We bought a new house this weekend in HMB we are truly excited. Any ideas on upgrade costs?

Builder: Mattamy
Model: Westlynn Elevation A
Closing Date: January 11th 2011
Old 2010-04-06, 12:45 PM
Regular User

Congrats to you too acec. No idea yet will be a while before we get to that stage I would think.

the only architect choices we went for was moving the fireplace so the wall is blank and we can put the flatscreen at a proper height. We also went for the upgraded batroom, double sink and seperate walk in shower.
Old 2010-04-06, 01:19 PM

Default Shower

Cool! We are definitely interested in the shower glass upgrade but we were told it might not be available. Should I be concerned.
Old 2010-04-06, 01:58 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acec View Post
Cool! We are definitely interested in the shower glass upgrade but we were told it might not be available. Should I be concerned.
I didnt hear that. Our standard bathroom, was just the tub, toilet and single handbasin. The architects choice included the second handbasin and a seperate walk in shower to the tub. In our case the walkin shower is a wall at the end of the tub (if that makes sense) but in the show house they had the glass wall and door. Didnt ask the sales person about that I figured it was a question for the design centre. If needs be I might try and arrange with them to source it from elsewhere.
Old 2010-04-06, 02:52 PM

Default Closing dates

Regarding closing dates. If our is January should we be expecting further delays. I heard in the past that Mattamy was delaying closing dates up to 8 months.

I will also think about getting this done by someone else it it doesnt work work out.

Thanks for the tip.