Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Toronto

Toronto Toronto, North York, East York, Scarborough, Etobicoke, and more!

Old 2010-11-30, 02:10 PM

Default New Detached Home - Considering Pot Lights

I just recently purchased a newly built home and am considering installing Pot Lights in my home. I noticed that the builder ovecharges and may not even provide as good products as some companies specialized in this. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks
Shaun
Old 2011-05-02, 01:26 PM

Default Pot Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I just recently purchased a newly built home and am considering installing Pot Lights in my home. I noticed that the builder ovecharges and may not even provide as good products as some companies specialized in this. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks
Shaun

Shaun, much like with any upgrade there are numerous professionals on the market who install pot lights on daily basis for a price that is at least twice smaller than what any builder will charge you. You can start by looking on kijiji.

www.glassandthecity.com

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-services-...AdIdZ274187090
Old 2011-12-15, 06:27 PM

I would get the pot lights installed by the builder... they will ensure the appropriate number of lines are extended to the power box, switches are balanced.

The added cost compared to post construction addition is well worth trying to find a reliable trade who will complete the work with the same level of competence.

Last point, whatever additions you do with builder will esentially be added to your home appraised value immediately... adding 10-25k in upgrades get that value into your mtg immediately - good if you have a portion of your mtg as a line of credit.