Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General chit chat that doesn't have to be specific to home ownership.

Old 2011-08-24, 09:39 AM

Never felt a thing unlike the one last year I think it was? That one was freaky here in Ottawa!!!!
Old 2011-08-24, 09:49 AM
Regular User

I heard a big bang (in my big office building, which is unusual), but didn't feel it. Felt last year's for sure...
Old 2011-08-24, 10:53 AM
Regular User

Lightbulb

Here's some info:

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home
Old 2011-08-24, 11:51 AM
Regular User

Felt it big time. Was on the 7th floor of a building in downtown Toronto. At first I thought I was dizzy from staring at my computer screen for too long then when I heard my other colleagues yelling what's going on and did you feel tht. I made a beeline for the ground floor.
Memories of Sept 11 and being higher than the ground floor quickly came to mind.

Old 2011-08-24, 12:18 PM
Regular User

Lightbulb

The world is going to END!
Old 2011-08-24, 05:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvi View Post
Why u lookin' at why I'm lookin for stories?
Because I am honestly curious to know the reason why you start threads for the sake of starting threads....like a bot or a spammer.
Old 2011-08-24, 06:00 PM
Regular User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_G View Post
Because I am honestly curious to know the reason why you start threads for the sake of starting threads....like a bot or a spammer.
Because I am honestly curious to know the reason why you care why I start threads for the sake of replying to a thread....like a bot or spammer.
Old 2011-08-24, 07:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Because I am honestly curious to know the reason why you care why I start threads for the sake of replying to a thread....like a bot or spammer.

LOL.

If I were to use your reasoning I would reply, "because I am honestly curious to know the reason why you want to know why I care about you starting threads for the sake of starting threads", but I won't disrespect your intelligence or the intelligence of the other members of this forum.

Instead, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are asking an honest question here. Before I give you my honest answer, I need to understand your question as it is a bit unclear.

Are you suggesting that a bot or a spammer care that you start threads for the sake of starting threads? To that I will comment that this is not the case. Bots or spammers, in general don't care.

If you are asking why I care that your posting patterns are similar to that of a bot or a spammer, my response is bots and spammers are generally not welcome in most forums. Though some are amusing, bots and spammer posts are usually out of context and are obviously created for the purpose of unwanted solicitation.
Old 2011-08-24, 08:42 PM
Regular User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_G View Post
LOL.

If I were to use your reasoning I would reply, "because I am honestly curious to know the reason why you want to know why I care about you starting threads for the sake of starting threads", but I won't disrespect your intelligence or the intelligence of the other members of this forum.

Instead, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are asking an honest question here. Before I give you my honest answer, I need to understand your question as it is a bit unclear.

Are you suggesting that a bot or a spammer care that you start threads for the sake of starting threads? To that I will comment that this is not the case. Bots or spammers, in general don't care.

If you are asking why I care that your posting patterns are similar to that of a bot or a spammer, my response is bots and spammers are generally not welcome in most forums. Though some are amusing, bots and spammer posts are usually out of context and are obviously created for the purpose of unwanted solicitation.
You don't even make sense, you trippin'?
Old 2011-08-24, 09:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
You don't even make sense, you trippin'?
If by "...you trippin?", you are insinuating that I am under the influence of controlled substance, then I would have to say, "no".

I think our problem is that we don't speak the same language. If you try to articulate exactly the points that don't make sense to you, I will do my best to explain.

I believe that you are employing the tactic of making one sentence (if you call them sentences) responses to dismiss posts you don't fully understand, simply to get the last word in.