Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2011-10-31, 03:00 PM
Regular User

Default Appliances

Good Afternoon All,

I hope everyone is doing well on this beautiful Monday afternoon! I am wondering where the best place is to purchase appliances? I need to get 6 (stove, fridge, dishwasher, washer, dryer, microwave).

I have looked at HomeDepot and FutureShop, been into Corbeil but I just don't know what hte best place is for customer service, overall cost, and deals. Also, I am really unsure the best time of year to purchase these, is it boxing day, now, February??

We take possession in June 2013, so my wife and i need to start searching..
Loving it and would purchase another from Mattamy
Old 2011-10-31, 03:20 PM
Regular User

I would say boxing day/week has the best deals.

Both Future shop and Home Depot charge the delivery fee, so really not too much difference for the customer services.

All you need is make up your mind which brand name/model you like, then wait for the deal.
Old 2011-10-31, 03:32 PM
Regular User

Universal Appliances had the best prices, were able to provide the most information and actually had after-sales support.

Sears on the other hand was the opposite.
Old 2011-10-31, 04:04 PM
Regular User

We went with Brault&Martineau for the second time in a row!
Best price, great customer service and really does well to keep your business!
Old 2011-10-31, 04:07 PM
Regular User

I had good luck with sears. The handle on our stove was damaged on delivery but a service rep was here after 2 days and ordered new parts and it was fixed a few days later.
If your going for all the same brand try google and see when they have the manufacture rebates. we dealt with a sales rep over email getting quotes etc and got great prices, we then held off from buying for a few months until GE Profile had their manufacture rebate. He gave us the quoted price and then we also got $400 in rebates directly from GE.
Old 2011-10-31, 04:16 PM
Regular User

If you want to take advantage of Boxing Day sales I would recommend Brault&Martineau, they will match the lowest price you can find and they will keep them for free up to one year, plus free delivery. The warranty starts the day they will be delivered which is very important, because in most stores the warranty starts the day they were purchased.
Old 2011-10-31, 04:24 PM
Regular User

We bought all of ours from FutureShop during their Boxing Week Sale. We recieved not only the sale price but negotiated cheaper rates on a couple items so they were even lower.
They will also hold your items I think up to either 3 or 6 months and the warranty does not start until it is dropped off.

We might do the same this time around if we can find some good deals if not we have a couple friends with Direct Buy memberships if their rates are cheaper.

Old 2011-10-31, 04:25 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
If you want to take advantage of Boxing Day sales I would recommend Brault&Martineau, they will match the lowest price you can find and they will keep them for free up to one year, plus free delivery. The warranty starts the day they will be delivered which is very important, because in most stores the warranty starts the day they were purchased.
True! And we started our payments right away - 36 monthly payments, interest free.
Old 2011-10-31, 04:27 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost_Home View Post

We might do the same this time around if we can find some good deals if not we have a couple friends with Direct Buy memberships if their rates are cheaper.
Direct Buy prices are good but they can't beat Boxing Week or a really good negotiation.
Two other things - they will only deliver to the member's address hassle-free, and the warranty will be in your friend's name, residence etc.
Old 2011-10-31, 04:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
Direct Buy prices are good but they can't beat Boxing Week or a really good negotiation.
Two other things - they will only deliver to the member's address hassle-free, and the warranty will be in your friend's name, residence etc.
Good to know! I was still thinking we could probably get a better deal during Boxing Week - also saves the hassle incase anything goes wrong, I wouldn't want to have to get our friends to call in for problems.