Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville

Stouffville Moving to Stouffville? Already living there? This section is for you.

Old 2013-02-04, 09:26 AM
Regular User

Default Thinking about Blue Sky in Stouffville, any feedback as to the experience? Fieldgate

Hi guys,

Looking at buying my first home at this development. Looking at Fieldgate and from what I understand, vs. some of the other developments I've visited, Fieldgate really isn't giving much with their homes.

No stone, no flooring, no mouldings, no appliances even,

Does anyone have an average cost of what all of that would go for in and around the area? I'm assuming I'd need to source my own for everything and am very handy (mechanic by hobby), but there seems to be a lot of extras that most builders are throwing in as standard.

Also, is Fibre or Cable available throughout the development?
Old 2013-02-04, 10:02 AM
Regular User

Hi istimebuyer,

It's not only fieldgate but other builders in Stouffville are the same.They don't throw in free stuff as their houses are selling well in this development.Even though if some builders put granite or appliances standard,it is build in price.

Fieldgate offers stone at extra cost as well as moldings

Flooring is included.

As per your question that how much will it cost....that depends on what you are looking to do.And for appliances you can have 4 k to 20k.It all depends on what you are interested in.
Same thing goes with other stuff,there are cheap flooring as well as high end floorings
For us ,we spent around 10 k on appliances,7k on flooring,3k on window covering till now and the list goes on ....lol
13 k approx closing cost....not scaring u hehehee just wanted to give you a rough idea
But so far I love the area and it's worth the money spent
Old 2013-02-04, 10:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juglans View Post
Hi istimebuyer,

It's not only fieldgate but other builders in Stouffville are the same.They don't throw in free stuff as their houses are selling well in this development.Even though if some builders put granite or appliances standard,it is build in price.

Fieldgate offers stone at extra cost as well as moldings

Flooring is included.

As per your question that how much will it cost....that depends on what you are looking to do.And for appliances you can have 4 k to 20k.It all depends on what you are interested in.
Same thing goes with other stuff,there are cheap flooring as well as high end floorings
For us ,we spent around 10 k on appliances,7k on flooring,3k on window covering till now and the list goes on ....lol
13 k approx closing cost....not scaring u hehehee just wanted to give you a rough idea
But so far I love the area and it's worth the money spent
Oh that's great then.

I mean I think I can get a great deal on the appliances really quickly, especially during black friday/boxing day.

Did Fieldgate handle special requests like bigger basement windows or anything like that?
Old 2013-02-04, 11:50 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimebuyer View Post
Oh that's great then.

I mean I think I can get a great deal on the appliances really quickly, especially during black friday/boxing day.

Did Fieldgate handle special requests like bigger basement windows or anything like that?
Fieldgate handled all requests very well. Bigger basement windows is one of the many options available. i think they cost $250 per window.

In terms of moving/deleting/adding walls and other special requests, they will at least check to see if it is possible and will let you know of the cost.....anything is possible it seems...for a fee. the key is to ask and be persistent.

as for flooring, they do at least give you hardwood on the main floor as standard (natural stain)

I have to say that my experience with Fieldgate has been very positive so far and i would highly recommend buying from them.......actually I literally just called the decor center to ask if i can add a couple things to the house even though i'm closing in 4 weeks (i know it's a silly question but it doesn't hurt to ask) and she was actually trying to accommodate my requests, but then came back and said it was too late lol

for our next house I may buy from another builder, but if fieldgate is available in the area i'm moving to, I would not hesitate to buy from them again....at least so far....ask me again next year.
Old 2013-02-04, 01:26 PM
Regular User

Well with upgrades such as extended upper cabinets, HW flooring, stone exterior, stone counters or any other upgrade it's not like you getting it for free, the builder already includes the cost of it into the purchase price, in some cases some people might like a house without the free upgrades (like the examples listed above) because they may not need it & don't want to pay for something they don't need
Old 2013-02-05, 04:31 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Oh that's great then.

I mean its all the same: we looked at Zancor and it was Kohler this and marble that and natural stone blah blah blah BUT it was a 100K more. Georeous, BUT.. So they key is Do the upgrades that truely destroy a house after its done: bathrooms, kitchens, floors. Doorknobs nope Granite? nope (way cheaper elsewhere) Hardwood in bedrooms? Messy but you can go at your own pace and WAY cheaper. Appliances? come on, nobody beats the brick! (LOL) The only tipping item for us is the basement. The builders cost? WOW, and if there is a leak, well who would move faster to fix it? You or tarion? I am happy with our choice and what we intend to add is comparable to the other two or three builders in Stouffville. And remember, when all the land is gone, its gone, and its on to Mount Albert!
Old 2013-02-05, 11:45 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the info guys,

Looks very promising and I think Blue Sky will be a good place to start for me anyways in the home I want. I mean Mount Albert is way too far from the city in my opinion, especially if the only higwhay down is the 404/DVP.

I've driven to and from Stouffville these past few days, and to get to Markham it's less than 10 minutes.
Old 2013-02-06, 09:21 AM
Regular User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys,

Looks very promising and I think Blue Sky will be a good place to start for me anyways in the home I want. I mean Mount Albert is way too far from the city in my opinion, especially if the only higwhay down is the 404/DVP.

I've driven to and from Stouffville these past few days, and to get to Markham it's less than 10 minutes.
Actually from Reeves Way, it's technically 1 min away from Markham since Markham ends on 19th ave, but most people think of near Bur Oak/16th Ave, because the houses for Markham end there.
Old 2013-02-06, 09:31 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvi View Post
Actually from Reeves Way, it's technically 1 min away from Markham since Markham ends on 19th ave, but most people think of near Bur Oak/16th Ave, because the houses for Markham end there.
Haha, so true.

I don't think Markham until I see some good asian (south and east) restaurants on the way.

I'm actually from Woodbridge/Vaughan so I'm used to a bit of driving in between "centres." I can only imagine with the demographics in Markham, Ajax/Pickering and Vaughan/Richmond Hill that the spill over to Stouffville will happen at an accelerate rate.