Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Aurora

Aurora Minto, Kylemore, Aspen Ridge and Townwood

Old 2013-12-17, 02:06 PM
Regular User

Default Aurora Trails - Fieldgate, Arista, Paradise, & Opus

Aurora Trails is opening next year spring with Towns, Semis, and Singles. The location is at Leslie St. and St. John's Sideroad.

This location is basically just opposite of the Mattamy's St. John's Forest. It is a fairly good location, as it is very close to the 404.

The Good:
- 12 min drive to the Aurora GO Station
- 5 min drive to Aurora Car Pool Go Bus Station
- 5 min to Walmart Superstore
- 5 min to Bayview strip centers
- Affluent neighbourhood
- 20 min to Upper Canada Mall
- 20 min to Costco Newmarket

The Bad:
- very high property taxes in Aurora >1.0%
- local high school zone is G.W Williams
- 404 extremely congested in the morning past 7am starting from Stouffville Rd.
- limited YRT service nearby
- many other developments coming up nearby (i.e The Arbor's by Brookfield)
- St. John's Sideroad is basically the northern most point of Aurora. So this development is basically just south of Newmarket.

Pre-register now with the builders. Who knows, maybe you get lucky and the prices aren't that bad. However, considering what Treasure Hill is charging just south of there, and what Mattamy is charging just north of there... I wouldn't hold my breath.

From all the builders there, I believe Fieldgate Homes is the only one offering referral rewards. The referral is $500 per party, $1000 in all. I myself am a Fieldgate owner. So if you do not have someone else to refer, feel free to contact me. Also, I am sure others on this forum can help with this matter as well. The referral is paid upon closing in cash. Referral must be mentioned upon signing of offer.

I will update as more information is being issued. The builders have erected big signs on Wellington St. and Mavrinac Blvd. showcasing the development.

Happy Hunting.

Update: Website is live. www.auroratralis.com

UPDATE FOR PREVIEW & PURCHASE

1. If you registered with Aurora Trails and you received an Open House Invitation, you may be eligible to schedule an appointment.

2. If you have RSVP'ed and you have been confirmed for Preview with Purchasing Appointment schedule possibilities, then you are able to make an appointment for purchase.

3. HIGHLIGHT: Only those who are invited to the Open House via invitation can make an appointment for purchase. Only the person who was invited to the Open House is able to BUY and no one else. Yes, you did not read this wrong. Let's say you got invite but you want your mother to buy. Unless you put the house under your own name, you cannot buy this house. If your mother wants her name on the house, she may add it to yours, but it cannot be just her. You also cannot give your appointment to someone else, you may also not forward your Open House to anyone else. You can bring someone with you for the Open House.

4. The bold part says sale are firm. It means you may not make any modifications to their purchase agreement. Yes, you may not. For example, if there is a clause which states that there will be a fountain situated in your back yard, and you must fork out the money upon closing. Tough luck, that's what you have to pay. Yes, that's right... you did not read this wrong. Although, I think it's not that unreasonable. I hope.

5. You can only select one builder for an appointment. You like Fieldgate and Arista? Tough call, pick one.

6. Schedule your appointment as early as possible, as you will have more choices.

Suggestions:
- As per Upper Unionville or Jefferson Forest, these builders can increase prices at whim. UU increased prices per day, Jefferson Forest increased prices per hour.
- This "registration" & "appointment" fiasco is just to drum up your psyche. It creates an artificial or justified demand for these lots. Now I have to say the demand at UU and JF were high, and we all know this area has been promoted quite well. I remember these guys handing out flyers and posters at the Aurora GO station.
- My personal experience with the three builders *quality* wise is Arista > Fieldgate > Paradise. I don't know Opus, perhaps someone else can chime in.
- All builders will have a little wiggle room, no matter how hot their site is. It's not much, but you can probably get a little more out of them. Perhaps up to $2-3k in upgrade money is possible to wrest from their hands upon signing. Ask, be firm but polite. It cannot hurt to ask.

Bonus:
- Paradise and Fieldgate offer referral money. I believe $500 per referral. All you have to do is mention someone else that bought one of their houses (from the same builder) and they will write up a purchase agreement based on referral. Information you require are name of referral, project name, and lot number. Upon closing, each party (the purchaser and the person referred) receives a $500 cheque ($1000 total).
- If you like I can help you refer Fieldgate, please PM me if you require such. Perhaps someone else can help with Paradise.

Last edited by anikiri; 2014-05-29 at 11:58 AM.
Old 2014-02-24, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikiri View Post
The Good:

- 20 min to Upper Canada Mall
- 20 min to Costco Newmarket
[/url]
This is incorrect. UC Mall is at Yonge/Davis. Costco is at Yonge/GreenLane.

To go to Costco, it would take on avg. 25-30 min.

Last edited by ladygaga; 2014-02-24 at 01:30 PM.
Old 2014-02-24, 01:11 PM
Regular User

UC Mall is at Yonge and Davis.

Take Wellington to the 404. Take the 404 to Green Lane. Dart across Green Lane at 80km/hour to hit Costco at Yonge and Green Lane. 15-20min, pending on the time of day.
Old 2014-02-24, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikiri View Post
UC Mall is at Yonge and Davis.

Take Wellington to the 404. Take the 404 to Green Lane. Dart across Green Lane at 80km/hour to hit Costco at Yonge and Green Lane. 15-20min, pending on the time of day.
Yes, sorry meant to say Yonge and Davis. You cannot drive 20 min. to get to Costco when it's an intersection north of Davis at Green Lane.

I drive to both places every week.

Please provide correct information to potential home buyers.
Old 2014-02-24, 01:25 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygaga View Post
Yes, sorry meant to say Yonge and Davis. You cannot drive 20 min. to get to Costco when it's an intersection north of Davis at Green Lane.

I drive to both places every week.

Please provide correct information to potential home buyers.
I just wrote how to get there quickly. I am not going to argue with you over 5min. I also drive there every week, but I use the route I outlined.

If you really really care that much, yes yes it takes 25min to Costco.
Old 2014-02-24, 01:41 PM

Default Aurora/Newmarket Development

I understand the route that you outlined and yes that may work on a Sunday afternoon but, remember, this happens now only because there are no homes built on St. Johns Sideroad and along Leslie St. Once the homes are built, there will be stop signs and traffic lights inserted and installed all along these streets mentioned. Plus, the 80km/h will be reduced to 60km/h. As result, add another 5 min. to all your destinations you listed up above to start this thread.

Here's the real good that I found about a year ago....
St. John's Sideroad will have a ramp to and from the 404 in approx. 9-10 years. I spoke with the engineering dept. about this one with the Aurora municipality.
Old 2014-02-24, 01:45 PM
Regular User

The Arbors apparently raised their prices 5k to 15k per house within the first week. I am sure these 4 builders are falling over themselves with that news.

Expect to be shocked at what these prices will be. If you are serious about buying, and you want first pick at choosing the lots... get an appointment for early viewing and buy as soon as something meets your eye.

I went to The Arbors on the 3rd day of appointments, and all the 30' lots are gone + most of the lots without/with low lot premiums.
Old 2014-02-24, 01:51 PM

Let's not forget the real estate agents who are in there to buy lots and sell high later. That's why some of these lots go quickly.
Old 2014-02-24, 04:16 PM
Regular User

@Anikiri: Any idea when the 4 builders start selling the Aurora Trails? Thanks!
Old 2014-02-24, 04:20 PM
Regular User

They usually need a building to put all the floor plans and do all the selling. That building is not up yet. So I guess at least a couple months. I drive by there often and I'll check.