Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2006-09-22, 06:53 PM
Regular User

Default Design Centre

I just called tonight, and was told the design centre will be open "around Thanksgiving"- they're definitely not the greatest at giving accurate timelines, but at least they're not saying "next week" for the 6th week in a row now.
Old 2006-09-22, 08:04 PM
KBMF

Smile

If they would at the very least give us a general upgrade price list this wouldnt be so bad. Oh well, hopefully it will be ready come thanksgiving week.
Old 2006-09-26, 09:01 AM
Regular User

We got a call last night to go and pick up our welcome package. While in the sales centre we met Kim, the design consultant (she is very nice and helpful). She told us that the design catalogues are ready (...and thick )and she has started calling people to come in to the design centre to pick them up (in order of closing date). We should get a call by the end of this week...can't wait!!!!!!! The design centre looks nice...lots of choices.
Old 2006-09-26, 09:36 AM
Regular User

Default HI

We were called too yesterday to pick up the welcome package. One of the sales lady was saying that I would have to make a trip back to pick up the Upgrades package in a day or two. So hopefully by this weekend we will get it.
Old 2006-09-26, 12:19 PM
KBMF

I got the call to to pick up the welcome package I cant wait for the designer catalogue. Our closing late is pretty late (Nov 2007) so im sure we wont get the designer catalogues for a while. Hopefully it wont be too much longer
Old 2006-09-26, 12:45 PM
KBMF

Could anyone give me just a brief summary of whats in the welcome package actually? Mine is getting mailed so I wont be getting for a while.
Old 2006-09-26, 01:10 PM
Regular User

Smile

What's in the welcome package...

- design selection process (two visits, open house hours, payment for upgrades, appliance measurements, etc.)
- framewalks
- Mattamy U
- Warranty info
- Landscaping (municipal rules)
- important contact numbers
- closing day (lawyer, keys, ....)
- move-in stuff (hydro, phone, gas, ....)

That's roughly it....sorry, working from memory, the package is at home
Old 2006-09-26, 01:16 PM
KBMF

Talking

Hey Ena,

Good memory! Thanks so much for letting me know
Old 2006-09-29, 06:41 PM
KBMF

Hi Everyone

Is the design centre open this weekend to browse?
Old 2006-09-29, 10:38 PM
Regular User

I've asked about that. They said it opens on the long weekend.

But you can certainly try to talk your way into it this weekend. They didn't let me in yesterday ..