Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-09-05, 08:40 AM
Regular User

I believe its around 8m (to the line, not taking into account easements) - from the plans I got. Seems like the lots are all very similar in size. Of course they always surprise you with stuff - ex. retaining walls.
Old 2017-09-05, 09:53 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjuandok View Post
I believe its around 8m (to the line, not taking into account easements) - from the plans I got. Seems like the lots are all very similar in size. Of course they always surprise you with stuff - ex. retaining walls.
Thanks! BTW, what is a retaining wall?
Old 2017-09-05, 10:04 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_petrucci View Post
Thanks! BTW, what is a retaining wall?
Seems like the blocks of executive townhomes they're building now have a grading plan that includes retaining walls. They're putting them in now. Its a cinderblock wall (about 12" wide), that separates a difference in soil levels (higher on one side, lower on the other). I have not seen this very often, and have been trying to get more info from Minto regarding these walls but have yet to hear back.
Old 2017-09-18, 10:59 AM
Regular User

Has anyone been able to get a good deal with Rogers with the voucher that Minto gave us?If you went with Bell, I would love to know that deal too.
Old 2017-09-25, 10:40 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_petrucci View Post
Has anyone been able to get a good deal with Rogers with the voucher that Minto gave us?If you went with Bell, I would love to know that deal too.
It was a waste of time for us. After calling the Roger's contact person specifically for Quinn's point repeatedly for over a week we just gave up & went with general Rogers. Except that Rogers has no contract there is nothing worthwhile.
If you find any good deal please post here, that will be very helpful
Thanks
Old 2017-09-25, 05:04 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaG View Post
It was a waste of time for us. After calling the Roger's contact person specifically for Quinn's point repeatedly for over a week we just gave up & went with general Rogers. Except that Rogers has no contract there is nothing worthwhile.
Thanks
Not sure what you're looking for but if it is just internet, the Rogers retention guy offered me $74 taxes included for 150mbps, unlimited download. He said it was the "student special" that they are now allowed to offer to anyone.

We declined though, and are now with Modem Outlet (thanks to some of our awesome forum members) and are paying $45/mo for 75mbps, unlimited.
Old 2017-09-28, 05:53 PM
Regular User

Was offered the following deals through fields rep. Not sure if these are the best deals or not..
150u+starter tv $99.99 (2 years guarantee, no contract)
150u+select tv $112.48 (2 years guarantee, no contract)
150u+popular tv $131.23 (2 years guarantee, no contract)
150u+popular tv+phone = $99.99 (1 years guarantee, no contract)
150u+select tv $95 (1 years guarantee, no contract)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaG View Post
Thanks
Old 2017-10-07, 09:38 PM
Regular User

Default Eavestroughs

Can anyone give me an idea on what to expect for quotes for eavestrough installation on a 30' detached home? I've heard great feedback from both Maize and Modern
Old 2017-10-08, 07:54 AM
Regular User

People still pay for home phone lines? Have you guys considered freephoneline.ca(VOIP)?
Old 2017-10-08, 01:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva86 View Post
People still pay for home phone lines? Have you guys considered freephoneline.ca(VOIP)?
I took a look, it's not exactly free and it doesn't work with the patch panel. I went with teksavvy and for a little more I can feed it to my panel and have the phones upstairs work as normal phones. I wouldn't pay the rogers or bell fees, though Bell kinda wants you to do bundles.