Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-04-03, 03:23 PM

Question Potters Key - Minto Group

Hello,

We have a plan to sign an agreement with Minto for Kinghurst model in Potters Key, Stittsville . Closing date is March 2018.

anybody is already bought there? Just to exchange the ideas
Old 2017-04-17, 10:40 AM
Regular User

Hi!
We bought a Champlain model in Potter's Key. Our closing date is October of 2018! We're very excited.
Have you had a design centre meeting yet?
Old 2017-04-17, 11:22 AM

We still did not sign with Minto, as the closing date is really long, we try to find an existence house to buy, in case we are not successful then we sign with Minto.

btw we visited design center before to evaluate the final price for ourself
Old 2017-04-17, 08:57 PM
Regular User

Default Still looking

We are still looking potters key as a potential community .. but the dates are in next fall . We like the Fitzroy and Granby .
other option for us was abbotsville crossing by mattamy
Old 2017-04-18, 11:40 AM
Regular User

Yes, we also think it's going to be quite a long wait until October 2018. It's a bit frustrating, but we are also enjoying the opportunity to take our time making decisions. Our timeline is flexible as we are currently renting, and our rental is fine for us for now.

I loved the Fitzroy! We ended up going with the Champlain because there was a particular lot we wanted and it was on a 43 ft lot. I think the Fitzroy model B is very special. I loved it because it had that Fixer Upper/Joanna Gaines style. We went with the Elevation A to get a bit of that farmhouse look.

I don't know much about other builders. When we went shopping for existing houses, we didn't have a whole lot of luck. When we started looking at new developments, we either didn't care for the location or any of the models, and the ones we did like were always sold or on their very last (and not ideal) lot. So, we decided to just wait. We like our rental for now and we don't have children, so we're pretty flexible. We loved the Potter's Key neighbourhood and the location is super for us.

One thing I like about Minto is that the base price seems to start out lower, and you can add what you want. We liked the Uniform homes in Barrhaven, but the base models were quite pricey and didn't leave room in our budget for customization.
Old 2017-04-18, 12:56 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandLaura View Post
Yes, we also think it's going to be quite a long wait until October 2018. It's a bit frustrating, but we are also enjoying the opportunity to take our time making decisions. Our timeline is flexible as we are currently renting, and our rental is fine for us for now.

I loved the Fitzroy! We ended up going with the Champlain because there was a particular lot we wanted and it was on a 43 ft lot. I think the Fitzroy model B is very special. I loved it because it had that Fixer Upper/Joanna Gaines style. We went with the Elevation A to get a bit of that farmhouse look.

I don't know much about other builders. When we went shopping for existing houses, we didn't have a whole lot of luck. When we started looking at new developments, we either didn't care for the location or any of the models, and the ones we did like were always sold or on their very last (and not ideal) lot. So, we decided to just wait. We like our rental for now and we don't have children, so we're pretty flexible. We loved the Potter's Key neighbourhood and the location is super for us.

One thing I like about Minto is that the base price seems to start out lower, and you can add what you want. We liked the Uniform homes in Barrhaven, but the base models were quite pricey and didn't leave room in our budget for customization.

The Killarney in 36 was also awesome plan.. we have a 3 year old and was wondering whenthe parks will come up..
Congrats on the Booking Champlain , Are you guys on the north side park ?? which lot , we might looking at 177 /178
Old 2017-04-18, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethome1 View Post
We are still looking potters key as a potential community .. but the dates are in next fall . We like the Fitzroy and Granby .
other option for us was abbotsville crossing by mattamy
Do you have any idea about closing date for abbotsville?
Old 2017-04-18, 06:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethome1 View Post
The Killarney in 36 was also awesome plan.. we have a 3 year old and was wondering whenthe parks will come up..
Congrats on the Booking Champlain , Are you guys on the north side park ?? which lot , we might looking at 177 /178
I really liked the Killarney because of the ability to make it so energy efficient. I also think the family room being set on the landing would be great for a family because then you could have your children playing or watching movies while you are either up or downstairs and still be able to hear and see them with ease. The model at Arcadia really shows off how much can be done with the space. I love the kitchen in there!

I'm not sure when the park will be built, though.

We chose lot 227 on Eagle Crest Heights. It had a big premium on it, but we decided that we really valued having trees behind us!
Old 2017-04-20, 12:06 PM
Regular User

Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandLaura View Post
I really liked the Killarney because of the ability to make it so energy efficient. I also think the family room being set on the landing would be great for a family because then you could have your children playing or watching movies while you are either up or downstairs and still be able to hear and see them with ease. The model at Arcadia really shows off how much can be done with the space. I love the kitchen in there!

I'm not sure when the park will be built, though.

We chose lot 227 on Eagle Crest Heights. It had a big premium on it, but we decided that we really valued having trees behind us!
Thats is so right ,
we will be having two kids when moving in..
1yr and 3 yr old.. so lets see if we pull the trigger on that model.
Old 2017-04-20, 08:29 PM
Regular User

Default abbotsville closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelopatra1360 View Post
Do you have any idea about closing date for abbotsville?
There are closing in abbotsville that ranges form Nov 2017 till Nov 2018