Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2017-05-15, 08:12 PM
Regular User

Default wohooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandLaura View Post
Woohooo! I'm glad to have a digital home building buddy!!

I have my first appointment Friday. It's for exterior colours and structural upgrades.
Likewise DanandLaura ..An online community can be of a lot of help.
This site was extremenly helpful when we were considering Blackstone. They are have lot of members in the thread and it helps to decide stuff much quicker.
This is really handy as building home can be stressful at times.. thats what i think atleast.

Good luck with your Design center appointments
Old 2017-05-15, 08:24 PM
Regular User

Default my 0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post, I am planning to buy the Killarney model with 4 bedroom, I am very interested to know if anyone is going buy Killarney then please share your thoughts , whether it is 3 or 4 bedrooms,

Thanks,

Ricky.
Ricky ,

Killarney is a great Model. My wife still is in love with that Model.If you choose the 4 the bedroom then you will lose the washer dryer in upper floor and will get a smaller bedroom.
At that time we shortlisted a 3 bedroom model as our kids are small and we dint need all 4 bedrooms but liked the convinience of W/D in upper floor

Good luck woth your choices..By the way which lots are you choosing..
Old 2017-05-17, 03:06 PM
Regular User

Has anyone ever built with Minto before? What is the design centre process like?
Old 2017-05-17, 03:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Has anyone ever built with Minto before? What is the design centre process like?
I would advise you to visit the design centre a few times before your first visit. The reason for that is that I felt the design centre appointments were quite short in time with regards to the amount of options that you have to select. It is way easier to get an estimate of how much you would spend if you pre-select your options before your first meeting with the designer. During the appointment, our designer was pretty helpful regarding narrowing down our choices for items which we were confused about.
Old 2017-05-17, 04:19 PM
Regular User

Same was us too, we had a great DC consultant & was super helpful with choices.
Old 2017-05-21, 11:56 PM
Regular User

Default Kitchen design

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_petrucci View Post
I would advise you to visit the design centre a few times before your first visit. The reason for that is that I felt the design centre appointments were quite short in time with regards to the amount of options that you have to select. It is way easier to get an estimate of how much you would spend if you pre-select your options before your first meeting with the designer. During the appointment, our designer was pretty helpful regarding narrowing down our choices for items which we were confused about.
Hello There ,
What kind of kitchen design changes are allowed with Minto.
Do the allow changing the location of sink ??
Old 2017-06-02, 11:24 AM
Regular User

Quote:
I definitely would visit the design center. Although I was there yesterday and most of the items have been discontinued. They really need to update the center in general.

I plan to purchase a home with them and taking the advice of everyone on here. Also keep in mind there are things you can do later, for way cheaper such as counter tops!
Old 2017-06-02, 11:26 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethome1 View Post
Hello There ,
What kind of kitchen design changes are allowed with Minto.
Do the allow changing the location of sink ??
I talked to a few representatives and they basically told me that I couldn't do much changes, other than the flex plans on the website. Try called and finding out though.
Old 2017-06-02, 12:58 PM
Regular User

Not sure about other builders but Minto will do only those changes that are on their list of flex plans. And it is kind of difficult to get all the info at the sales center because those sales guys will tell you that those are DC questions & you can't talk to DC consultant unless you have actually bought the lot...... That was my personal experience but may be others have had a better expereince.
Old 2017-06-04, 05:12 PM
Regular User

Default Negotiation

Hello all,

As we have decided to buy a new Minto home, we met with one of their sale agents and asked for more incentives in addition to the 15K design bonus. We were told that given the market situation now, there is no way for us to get anything extra.

I am wondering, if any one was successful in getting extra incentives beside the design bonus for 43' lots.

Also, if someone already got to the design centre, do we know how much does it cost to extend the kitchen cabinets from 36" to 42".

Thanks in advance.