Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton - Hollybank

Old 2007-01-25, 02:34 PM

Default Townhouse Delays?

Hello all - Although we haven't received an official delay letter as of yet, we are starting to hear that some of the townhouse closing dates are being delayed. We're trying to figure out if all of the townhouses are going to be delayed or if any of the townhouses are on schedule and are closing on-time. Has anyone else been delayed? If so what lot are you on and what were your closing dates? (original and new).

Brad and I are lot 158-5
Original closing date: April 22nd
New closing date: ???

Thanks
Katie (& Brad)
Old 2007-01-25, 03:39 PM
Regular User

Hi, we havent been given our official letter as of yet. Maura at customer service told us that we will be delayed 4 months, until August. They are waiting until it is exactly 65 days for us to recieve the letter. I believe they are delaying the blocks that have not been dug out because of the cold weather. In my opinion we had a very mild first half of the winter season that there is no need for us or anybody else to be delayed this long. Anyways we have no choice now and will just put a little more money in the bank.

We were supposed to be closing on April 17th, we were told we were given this later date originally because everyone who had bought before us would be given a delay. They thought they would be able to catch up by april, I guess their estimation was way off. We ar expecting are new date to be early August (hopefully no longer).

We are block 160-3.

Where are you?
Old 2007-01-25, 03:39 PM
Regular User

sorry didnt read the bottom of your post!
Old 2007-01-26, 04:43 PM
Regular User

Thumbs down

Our new closing date is August 14th. Wow this is incredible! The full 119 days!
I guess Sundial isn't in any hurry to complete this subdivision. The Mattamy division behind us will be up before were in, That is a plus!
Old 2007-01-30, 03:50 PM

Default Milton townhouses - delayed once again

Our original closing date was to be Nov. 21 2006. We were delayed 119 days to March 20th 2007. Last Friday we were told there is an additional delay of 90 days taking us to now June 18th 2007. I was suprised to see that digging and pouring the foundation took about a month alone. This has turned into a nightmare for us, needless to say we will never buy from Sundial again. I hope we at least have our grass when we move in like Mattamy does.
Old 2007-01-30, 05:51 PM

Does Sundial have to compensate you if you are delayed more than 120 days?
Old 2007-01-30, 07:18 PM
Regular User

We can say the same thing! It has been horrible for us as well. They have just finally cleared the land over a year after us purchasing the home.
Old 2007-02-01, 12:50 AM
Regular User

Thumbs down Too bad

Soooo sorry to hear about all this. It sure does take away the excitement level of buying a brand new home. We can only pray that someday when you do finally get in your new house, it will be built properly and you will get any upgrades you paid for done and or that you get them. We have been living in our brand new home for a little while now and hate it. We try and focus on other things but sometimes it just eats us out that our brand new house is not at all what we dreamed it would be. We would have prefered to be delayed 5 times but once in know that things are done properly and get to enjoy living in it. At least that way yes it is very disapointing to be delayed but once in evrything would be fine and you would soon forget about the delays. We wish we could tell you that everything will be fine but we don't hold much faith in Sundial. Sorry! Hang in there guys you have no choice Sundial has your money now!! This is like being in a trap. So far we have good neigbours. The location is good, the pond will be nice, stores are close. Think positive because if you don't you will only stress yourselves out. Just hearing the name Sundial stresses us out. This is sooo unfortunate and wrong. You are not alone!!!!!
Old 2007-02-01, 11:23 AM

You had said that you were disappointed with your house. Did you have an specific issues that you wouldn't mind sharing? I only ask so that if we see similar issues during construction, maybe we will be able to get them fixed before it is too late. If you donít feel comfortable sharing, it is completely understandable.

Thanks,
Brad (and Katie)