Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan

Markham / Thornhill / Vaughan Arista, Aspen Ridge, Avant, Ballantry, BurOak, Sierra Homes, CastleSquare, H&R, Lakeview, Cathedraltown, Mattamy, Country Wide, Starlane, Esquire Homes, Fieldgate, Forest Hill, Royal Park Homes, Great West, Greenpark, Kylemore, Remington Homes, Silver Valley, Laurier, Madison, Monarch, Liberty, Rosehaven, Sky Homes, Touchstone, Kylemore

Old 2007-11-28, 05:15 PM
Regular User

Default Peter Rupert

Does anyone know when and what bus will be running along Peter Rupert from Rutherford to Major Mac??
Old 2007-11-28, 05:30 PM
Regular User

York Region Transit
Old 2007-11-28, 05:42 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetownsend74 View Post
York Region Transit
Any idea when ?
I figured it would be the TTC since they run along Confederation Parkway south of rutherford and Peter Rupert continues along north.
Old 2007-11-29, 09:32 AM
Regular User

No idea.. but i imagine not too long.. maybe TTC will run as well
Old 2007-11-29, 03:53 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2B View Post
Does anyone know when and what bus will be running along Peter Rupert from Rutherford to Major Mac??
I'm also interested in this. According to YRT's site, it looks like Peter Rupert will be serviced by the TTC in 2008 (doesn't say when). I wonder if that bus will go to the GO station or only to the TTC subway. It would be great if they had a bus going through Peter Rupert straight to either Maple or Rutherford GO.
Old 2007-11-29, 05:44 PM

Default It's TTC and YRT

It's either the 105 or the 106. I looked it up, but I forgot the number. It's the Dufferin bus that will terminate at Major Mack and Peter Rupert and go to Downsview. It's one of the shared routes between TTC and YRT, so you get on North of Steeles and pay the YRT fee, and if you get off South of Steeles, you have to also pay TTC. Therefore a trip to Downsview (one way) is $5.25. If you look at the new route section in the YRT site, it goes through the details.
Old 2007-11-29, 06:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQer View Post
It's either the 105 or the 106. I looked it up, but I forgot the number. It's the Dufferin bus that will terminate at Major Mack and Peter Rupert and go to Downsview. It's one of the shared routes between TTC and YRT, so you get on North of Steeles and pay the YRT fee, and if you get off South of Steeles, you have to also pay TTC. Therefore a trip to Downsview (one way) is $5.25. If you look at the new route section in the YRT site, it goes through the details.
So does that mean it will get to the GO stations or just Downsview?
Old 2007-11-29, 11:28 PM
Regular User

I think it will be the TTC #105 bus but I don't think it will stop at the GO stations. I suspect it will just head east on Major Mac and then south on Dufferin .
Old 2007-11-30, 03:15 AM

Default Map and document

The route map is page 127 of http://www.yrt.ca/whats-ahead/Draft_...ce_Plan_01.pdf (Last page), and the routing proposal is page 187 of http://www.yrt.ca/whats-ahead/Draft_...ce_Plan_02.pdf

It is route 105, and the trip north of Rutherford is presently planned for peak times only. Direct quote: "For April 2008, to extend peak period service north of Rutherford Road and service the
new Dufferin Woods community. (Please refer to Southern System Map on page 127.)"