Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2007-12-01, 10:22 AM
Regular User

Question Looking for appliance installer

Have you hired a contractor to install your gas range, garage door opener, dish washer, etc. in Ottawa area? If you are happy with the contractor's quality of job and price would be happy to know who it was.
(moving in next week).
Cheers,
Old 2007-12-02, 10:35 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince View Post
Have you hired a contractor to install your gas range, garage door opener, dish washer, etc. in Ottawa area? If you are happy with the contractor's quality of job and price would be happy to know who it was.
(moving in next week).
Cheers,
Hi:
I can recommend a gas guy - I have used him before and will use him next week to install the gas range in my new home. His name is Brian Fox and he lives in Barrhaven. His phone number is (613) 723-2302. He is an independent. He installed a basement gas fireplace (and ran the line for the it as well as a new line for our gas BBQ) at my current home a few years ago. He is excellent and is provincially licenced.

I spoke to him last week about doing the range in my new home. He said he is super busy right now and would only be able to do it before Xmas if the gas line was already run by the builder (it is). He said to go and get a 4' flex hose connector from Home Depot - this goes between the gas line and the range. I did and it was $22. I called for a quote from someone else for the same work and they wanted to charge me $45 for the same piece of hose. Brian's fee will be approx. $100, the other company I checked was $140 plus the (marked up) cost of the flex connector.

I can also recommend an electrician, John McLean of Electrical Plus http://www.electricalplus.ca/. He's done work for me and my best friend in the past and he's working for me again next week. He'll be installing my OTR microwave, running the water line for the fridge and possibly the dishwasher, depending on how much carpentry work is involved, as well as add a few outlets and install some new light fixtures. He's going to hook me up with a garage door opener and I'll post that info when I get it.

One note on the water line for the fridge: John told me (and I didn't know this) that there's a kit that you have to buy that does not come with the fridge to hook up the water line. I got it at H.D. and it was $14 with tax. You'll need that in advance. It's in the plumbing dept.
Old 2007-12-02, 10:06 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate's House View Post
Hi:
I can recommend a gas guy - I have used him before and will use him next week to install the gas range in my new home. His name is Brian Fox and he lives in Barrhaven. His phone number is (613) 723-2302. He is an independent. He installed a basement gas fireplace (and ran the line for the it as well as a new line for our gas BBQ) at my current home a few years ago. He is excellent and is provincially licenced.

I spoke to him last week about doing the range in my new home. He said he is super busy right now and would only be able to do it before Xmas if the gas line was already run by the builder (it is). He said to go and get a 4' flex hose connector from Home Depot - this goes between the gas line and the range. I did and it was $22. I called for a quote from someone else for the same work and they wanted to charge me $45 for the same piece of hose. Brian's fee will be approx. $100, the other company I checked was $140 plus the (marked up) cost of the flex connector.

I can also recommend an electrician, John McLean of Electrical Plus http://www.electricalplus.ca/. He's done work for me and my best friend in the past and he's working for me again next week. He'll be installing my OTR microwave, running the water line for the fridge and possibly the dishwasher, depending on how much carpentry work is involved, as well as add a few outlets and install some new light fixtures. He's going to hook me up with a garage door opener and I'll post that info when I get it.

One note on the water line for the fridge: John told me (and I didn't know this) that there's a kit that you have to buy that does not come with the fridge to hook up the water line. I got it at H.D. and it was $14 with tax. You'll need that in advance. It's in the plumbing dept.
Thanks a lot Kate for the info.
I'll contact them tomorrow.
Cheers,