Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and WheleríS Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and WheleríS Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2007-12-15, 05:25 PM
Regular User

Question Anyone here who has purchased in Cardinal Point?

I just bought a townhouse in Cardinal Point (Geranium Homes) and was just wondering fi there was anyone else here who has. I know my whole street has been sold, so someone has to be out there!

Move-in date - Oct 2nd, 2008.
Old 2008-01-11, 08:53 PM
Regular User

Finally!!! Someonelse who has bought in Cardinal Point. I have bought a townhouse also.

My move-in date is October 28, 2008.
Old 2008-01-14, 10:30 AM
Regular User

Where is Cardinal Point?
Towngate Elevation C Lot#80
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 2008-01-14, 11:45 PM
Regular User

cardinal point is at hwy 48 and stouffville sideroad.

finally! someone else! my brother and his friend bought too so there are three of us.
Old 2008-01-15, 01:01 AM
Regular User

which townhome did you buy? We bought the TH1804.
Are you upgrading any of your appliances? Do you have any concerns about the condo road fee? We went out to look at the site on the weekend and were able to find our plot of land. We are so excited!

It should be interesting once the model homes are up so we can have an idea about the builder and their standards.

Shy14

Last edited by shy14; 2008-01-15 at 01:11 AM.
Old 2008-01-15, 09:37 AM
Regular User

i bought the 1803, my brother bought the 2004, and his friend bought the 2001. what plot are you? i am 53.

we have been driving out there and i stood in front of my plot a few weeks ago. i will likely upgrade the appliances, as i am a big cook and having the right appliances is very important to me.

i have heard good things about geranium homes being on time, so i'm trying not to worry about it yet, but it seems so far away! not really concerned about the condo roads....i guess it means we'll always be plowed in the mornings!
Old 2008-01-15, 05:58 PM
Regular User

I think I am on the next street up?

I will definetly be upgrading appliances as well as I also love to cook!

Yeah, the lady told us that the most she thought the homes would be delayed maybe by a couple of weeks or so. The only concern I have about the condo roads is that the fee could go up....my lawyer is looking into that right as we speak so I should know more about that after this weekend when I meet up with him.

Last edited by shy14; 2008-03-21 at 05:24 PM.
Old 2008-01-15, 09:00 PM
Regular User

As our lawyer has already completed his review and we chose to sign, I think that was covered off, but let me know if you find anything of major concern.

Yeah, Kim was fairly confident on them closing near to on time. she said the model homes will be ready in april....i can't wait to see them!

so excited to start getting into picking things and counting down!

Just so you know your neighbours...i'm 28, environmental engineer, and it's just me though likely my boyfriend will end up living there.
Old 2008-01-16, 08:46 AM
Regular User

Ask your lawyer to look into the history of EBY WAY in Markham. It was the same set up. Originally the builder set up the management and fees that was later supposed to be taken over by the homeowners. The homeowners failed to form an association to do so, so now 6 years later, the common laneway has never been plowed, nor landscaping, nor emergency fund for common things like roofing and paving down the road. It was a small infill project, so perhaps Cardinal point with higher numbers of residents will be different. Just an example of worse case scenerio. You will need to elect a responsible management committee.
Old 2008-02-05, 09:12 AM
Regular User

Default Bump

I'm bumping this to see if there's anyone new out there.