Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-01-17, 12:01 PM

I wanted to add that we were asked to deposit $750 for consultation on a request of estimates on structural changes relating to basement windows enlargement and placement. We had to sign a form stating that if we decide not to buy the house, we will loose all of the $750 (I should add that we signed a conditional pre-purchase), but if we buy, the money will be used towards the purchase price of the house. I'm wondering if any one has done or gone through a similar situation?
Old 2008-01-17, 12:33 PM
Regular User

Congrats Swerve.

I agree with skip. If you are looking at lot 153 or 163 then I'm almost certain that the other builder is Richcraft. Falling Angel is in that area.

To answer your questions...we did leave the ceramic as per the plan and just removed the carpet in the great room and replaced it with hard wood.

That house in POW deleted 2 of the coffers for some reason. 6 is the standard and it comes right to the edge of the island. We have left it as is.

The fireplace can be moved and / or changed. We chose to move it as we wanted to keep that area as open as possible. The choice is up to you but it will cost extra.

Skip...were you asked for the $750.00 before you actually comitted to buying the house? If so, I completely get that. If you haven't comitted to buying then you ask for a bunch of drawings to be done with regards to changing things then you decide to go buy a Richcraft home, where does that leave Cardel?

Once you put down the deposit they will do all of that stuff without charge. Just remember to get everything done beforehand because once you're finished with all of your selections I don't think they like to make too many changes.

Last edited by New Orleans; 2008-03-19 at 10:22 PM.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:06 PM
Regular User

Skip...is your foundation dug already? I know there are 2 foundations side by side ready to go on that side of the street. I thought they were lot #'s 166 and 167 but maybe it's 167 and 168.

Last edited by New Orleans; 2008-03-19 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:16 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipticum View Post
I wanted to add that we were asked to deposit $750 for consultation on a request of estimates on structural changes relating to basement windows enlargement and placement. We had to sign a form stating that if we decide not to buy the house, we will loose all of the $750 (I should add that we signed a conditional pre-purchase), but if we buy, the money will be used towards the purchase price of the house. I'm wondering if any one has done or gone through a similar situation?
We will doing the same. Since we want to know prices of exterior changes. However we will buy either way so not too worried about the fee.

We have lot numbr 158 reserved. Skip, pretty much across the street from you. We really wanted a west facing backyard. New Orleans, we probably would have taken your lot if it was available, I think 180 is sold, right?

I think I have drove by the lot about a million times so far
We picked it because at least one side was sold already, hoping for less years in the mud Lot 156 has a foundation already (we were out there measuring the backyard.

The lot beside 153 is now Cardel's but not sure if Richcraft has the one right now to it or Phoenix. I would be ok if Richcraft. We will only change it if the lot a bit bigger.

Last edited by Swerve; 2008-01-17 at 02:22 PM.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:26 PM
Regular User

We were last out to the site 2 weeks ago and at that time both lots on either side of ours were still available. That may have changed.

Last edited by New Orleans; 2008-03-19 at 10:23 PM.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:27 PM
Regular User

wow . . . lol. Hi swerve, I guess if you firm up on 158, you would be our direct neighbour. We bought on 157, so its nice to know that I got neighbours on both sides now. 156 is going to be a Kent model I believe (a young family from what I remember being told). I tell ya, what a small world.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Orleans View Post
Congrats Swerve.

Skip...were you asked for the $750.00 before you actually comitted to buying the house? If so, I completely get that. If you haven't comitted to buying then you ask for a bunch of drawings to be done with regards to changing things then you decide to go buy a Richcraft home, where does that leave Cardel?

Once you put down the deposit they will do all of that stuff without charge. Just remember to get everything done beforehand because once you're finished with all of your selections I don't think they like to make too many changes.
Actually, we were asked few days before we comitted to buying. I may add that I'm not complaining about it, I'm just trying to see if Cardel are consistent in their handling of cost estimate requests, as I'm having the impression that they're not well organized with respect of handling these kind of requests.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:31 PM
Regular User

Yeah 153 is going to be beside richcraft while 163 should be with phoenix from what I understood. Just caught on that Skip is going to be infront of us, thats pretty tight. I think its 167 and 168 that have their foundations in, took a pic last week when I was out there.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meth View Post
wow . . . lol. Hi swerve, I guess if you firm up on 158, you would be our direct neighbour. We bought on 157, so its nice to know that I got neighbours on both sides now. 156 is going to be a Kent model I believe (a young family from what I remember being told). I tell ya, what a small world.
Ah yes! We asked them which model was going next to our reserved lot. I know now I just have to get someone to buy 159. so we get grass and less mud faster. I like the fact that the park is a short walk over to Montmere (sp?). I hope there will be some young families with kids (we have 2, little ones).

One of my concerns is public transit ... I hope there will be a bus out that way in a years time (work downtown).

I am really thinking we are going to firm up, I am getting more and more excitied. Thanks everyone!!
Old 2008-01-17, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Orleans View Post
Here's what we have so far in Notting Hill South:

New Orleans lot 179
Skipticum lot 166
Swerve lot 158
Meth lot ??

Skip...is your foundation dug already? I know there are 2 foundations side by side ready to go on that side of the street. I thought they were lot #'s 166 and 167 but maybe it's 167 and 168.
Those are lot 167 and 168. I was puzzled when I saw the foundation of those two sites completed, 'cause I was told by the sales people that no construction will start untill Cardel gets permits from the City of Ottawa...