Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2008-06-30, 01:42 PM
Regular User

I just wanted to post so that I can make NO jealous with my ticker again

Oh and MrCOB and I both work for the city.

Old 2008-06-30, 02:43 PM
Regular User

Thanks alot mrscob.

17 days til you get your keys...SWEET!

If I started a ticker now, it would say 21 days til I move into my parents basement.

Who's jealous now???
Old 2008-06-30, 03:23 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Orleans View Post

If I started a ticker now, it would say 21 days til I move into my parents basement.

Who's jealous now???

You know I'm jealous man . . . that's where all the fun is at

The home is looking pretty darn good there mrscob
Old 2008-06-30, 04:14 PM
Regular User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meth View Post
Welcome back NHS. The best advice I can give you is what NO already touched on . . . you gotta go with your gut. If timing is not particular great for you and your family this time around then you may want to hold off a little; you have to do what's best. Buying a home as we all know is a heavily invested process (both mentally and financially), you definitely have to be absolutely comfortable before proceeding . . . if you don't feel it's right . . . there's always next time. I certainly wouldn't rush such a big decision.

Housing markets and interest rates are external factors that are well out of our control, if you do plan on staying in a home for a long time then things will eventually even out as it all comes down to trends and cycles . . . there will always be ups and down regardless.

Wish you all the best NSH, remember . . . go with what feels right (both in the gut and in the pocket books )
I agree with Meth and NO. Just adding that if you look at buying a house as an investment as well, there is always a risk factor built in, like with any other investment.
Sometimes you are lucky and buy and sell both in right time and make a decent profit. Sometimes you don't. However, there are "prospects" also to consider. This is something that usually requires some knowledge of the area, builder, floor model, neighborhoods, market etc.
These are factors that more seasoned buyers looking for investing in properties might first consider. But as we all know, its all about timing and being in the market in right time (when is it a good time to buy/sell? only future can show us).
Good luck with whatever decision you make
Old 2008-06-30, 05:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Orleans View Post
Thanks alot mrscob.

17 days til you get your keys...SWEET!

Who's jealous now???

OooOooo I'm very jealous
On the other hand....you don't have to cook for yourself for awhile

Old 2008-06-30, 07:25 PM
Regular User

Hey Prince, good to see you around and kicking . . . how are things these days out in P.O.W? Have most of the after-close items been taken care of for you guys?
Old 2008-06-30, 09:01 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meth View Post
Hey Prince, good to see you around and kicking . . . how are things these days out in P.O.W? Have most of the after-close items been taken care of for you guys?
Hey Meth,
Trying to keep myself up to date by visiting this site as much as it goes. Busy these days but vacation time is here. Still waiting for fixes to our 30 days list! Some of them are taken care of some still remained. I think you guys in NHS have taken all the resources so we old customers in POW are at the bottom of Cardel's list We are into our 7th month after closing still no front or backyard Dirt and mud is what we have this summer and no BBQ unless we do it in the garage and I hate doing that! Otherwise things are under control. Campanale is still building in our area so still lots of noise, mud and dirt due to construction. I have heard that model homes in NHS are open now so I hope some brave souls put a few pictures of the Barclay model here. We plan to pay a visit to NHS and see how Barclay is decorated. We found it hard to decorate because of all the open spaces and not so common sizes of the dining room and the den. I moved the office from the den to the finished area downstairs and it seems it works better. So now we have a 10x10 room that is no good for dining room or living room. I have temporarily turned it to a music room for the kids so we'll see.
Apparently this thread rocks and has the highest hits. Those days that Mattamy folks had taken over this site are definitely history now.

Cheers

Last edited by prince; 2008-07-01 at 09:46 AM.
Old 2008-06-30, 09:51 PM
Regular User

Prince ... the two model homes at NHS are Devon & Sussex!
Old 2008-06-30, 09:57 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve View Post
Prince ... the two model homes at NHS are Devon & Sussex!
That's all Any idea if they plan to build more model homes?
Thanks for the update Swerve
Old 2008-06-30, 10:00 PM
Regular User

I don't know if they are going to build anymore models, not sure??? It looks like a long term sales centre for NHS.

I might be wrong but I thing they reason they didn't build the Barclay or Marquis as the model is because they have been the most popular in Phase 1.