Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton - Hollybank

Old 2007-08-08, 03:27 PM

Post New to the Block!!

Hello, we are new buyers to Sundial and of course already gone thru our first set of delays. We were to close Sept 6/07 - but now delayed until Jan 08. We have purchased Lot #2 on Vickerman Way. They just did our foundations and now we wait to see how things progress. I have been checking out this forum for a few months, and received alot of great information. Our family already lives in Town, and my husband and I grew up in Milton. This is our first adventure into New Homes. I sure hope it is worth it. We have two girls ages 11 and 9. The older going to WI Dick for grade 6 FI and the younger to EW Foster (her current school) for grade 4 FI. Our girls are hoping to meet some new friends on the neighbourhood. We are looking forward to meeting new neighbours too.
Tracy
Old 2007-08-08, 09:22 PM
Regular User

Default Sundial Homeowner New to Forum

I am new to this forum and I would like to introduce myself and family. We have 2 beautiful boys and I am from Milton. My family lives here. We have the Juniper Model Elevation B on Holdsworth Crescent.

I are incredibly happy with our home itself, inside the four walls but anything outside of that we are unbelievably disappointed, let down and taken advantage of. We have been in discussion with Sundial Headoffice, Sundial On-site Warranty Office, Our Lawyer, The Town of Milton, The Developer and various Local MPPs with NO avail or solutions being met. I know that I am not the only homeowner in Phase 1 & 2 for a fact that are not happy with the after care service and treatment by Sundial. They are incredibly lacking in the area of Customer Service. In my opinion I feel that I bought a beautiful home from the wrong builder.

I feel that I have the right to voice my concerns, experiences and opinions. That is what a forums purpose is to discuss experiences some positive and some negative. The world isn't a perfect place.

I plan on continuing in the ongoing fight for what I deserve as a home owner. I want what I signed up for and what I paid my hard earned money for.
Lot. #38-1067 Holdsworth Crescent
Milton, ON
Old 2007-08-09, 12:52 PM
Regular User

Smile Welcome

Hi Tracy,

Welcome to the neighbourhood. I am sure you will love your new neighbourhood, we do! Tell your girls that there are a lot of kids in the neighbourhood to play with. My daughter will be 8 soon, and I am sure will be excited to hear about two more little girls moving in to play with.
Sorry to hear about the delay, we all were too. But before you know it things do actually move quickly.

Please come by our place if you are up looking at the progress of your home and we can have the girls met. Enjoy the progress, while good and stressful all at the same time. It will be well worth it in the end!!

Sandra
1088 Holdsworth Cres
Old 2007-08-09, 04:45 PM

Smile

Thanks for the response. I wasnt expecting such a quick reply. It was a nice surprise. Sorry to hear about the exterior probems Jennifer- I certainly hope something will be worked out for you.
Thanks for the warm welcome Sandra. Hope to meet sometime.

Cheers
Tracy
1028 Vickerman Way
Old 2007-08-11, 11:53 PM
Regular User

Default Hello

There are lots of kids in the neighbourhood. My boys have met so many kids on the street. I am sure that many friendships are being made.

Welcome and good luck with the house when it is done!!

Sandra thanks for the warm welcome. I see that you may have overlooked my post.

Have a great weekend
Lot. #38-1067 Holdsworth Crescent
Milton, ON
Old 2007-10-04, 03:42 PM
Regular User

Smile welcome

Hi Jennifer,

I have not been on the forum for quite sometime, and have just read your post...I guess your right in that I must have missed your post the last time I was on it.

Warm welcome to you, your husband and your two little boys. I don't recall meeting your family yet, but hopefilly will soon...seeing that both of our families live on the same street. We'll have to take a walk down on your end of the street really soon!

Take Care,
Sandra
Old 2007-10-10, 09:29 PM
Regular User

Welcome to the neighbour Tracy! Hope the weather cooperates, and that you are in your new home in no time!

Shelley
1031 Holdsworth Crescent