Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2012-09-26, 07:11 PM
Regular User

Default Mixed Review of Can-Do fencing

I moved into our house just after Can-Do fencing had completed the group contract for my street (and backing street). The prior owner new they were leaving so they specifically declined completion of fencing for our lot as he did not want to pay. The backing neighbours paid the total cost for their fencing but my two side neighbours declined completion until we arrived.

Alon had promised one of my neighbours that the only way they could receive the quoted amount was if she agreed to have them set the posts for her side at the time they were there. She agreed (with no commitment of pay).

After we moved in I contacted Alon to discuss the completion of our lot, he made it abundantly clear that he was not interested in waisting his time on a small job and stated that the rate we would pay would be $6/foot HIGHER than the group rate for the side that had the posts already set, and $10/Foot Higher than the group rate for the other side.

Hearing this, I declined to have the fence completed in the fall and had new quotes made in the spring. The two new contractors each acknowledged that the fence quality was very high, and that the materials were top notch, so they both quoted even higher rates that Alon's inflated pricing. My neighbours were becoming agitated so I contacted Alon, who immediately quoted the GROUP RATE, I couldnt believe that I wasted all that time only to have him go back to original rate. I later found on the Can-Do website a note stating that group rate will be honoured for two years for any neighbours who wanted to complete, he wasn't being nice, just honoring his original commitment which he neglected to mention.

HOWEVER - The quality of the work is top notch and I am confident that the fence will be standing long after other group fences have fallen down.
Old 2012-12-29, 12:10 AM

Default TotalProContracting - stay away

In my case I have paid Russ (Total Pro Contracting) in advance for all the work and as soon as I have done that they left.

I had aprox $1000 worth of work left for a gate and he kept postponing me until he stopped answering.

I feel cheated but you should be aware of people like him.
Old 2014-05-14, 08:05 AM
Regular User

Check out this site and look up your contractors on it
http://homestars.com/on/toronto
thats where I look for my ratings and know of some others that do too. For those who had bad experiences, you should note it on that website cuz as far as I see, can do has 9.5 ratings but from reading this forum, they shouldn't get this rating.