Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2018-11-19, 02:10 PM
Regular User

Same, I think I'll just include the furniture with the house when I sell lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCloudZero View Post
I am in a garden, and I too think it's smart to wait till you get the house to figure out what furniture to get. However I had no problem getting the decent size sectional up to the second floor, but as you were saying i had to pull the King size mattress through the balcony as it was really tight and it'll take a lot of effort to get it through the stairs. I am currently wondering how I would move the furniture out of the house if one day i decide to move. lol.
Old 2018-11-20, 08:33 AM
Regular User

Definitely a good idea to wait until your PDI, the tightest part is at the bottom of the stairs behind the garage door. The height of our ceiling is only an inch or 2 higher than the door. The sofa barely fit, but we were able to squeeze it in with a few scuffs on the wall. Removing the railing helps. He scuffs came off with a magic eraser. Will post some pics this weekend.
Old 2018-11-26, 10:28 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenm View Post
Definitely a good idea to wait until your PDI, the tightest part is at the bottom of the stairs behind the garage door. The height of our ceiling is only an inch or 2 higher than the door. The sofa barely fit, but we were able to squeeze it in with a few scuffs on the wall. Removing the railing helps. He scuffs came off with a magic eraser. Will post some pics this weekend.
Here are some pics of the tighest spot in my unit, the landing by the garage. It will depend on the elevation of you're unit. Also some pics of the main floor, we got lucky with ours, we got a bigger unit that extends out, the garden units are not all the same some unit extend out and in depending on where you are located in the row.
Old 2018-11-26, 10:54 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Here are some pics of the tighest spot in my unit, the landing by the garage. It will depend on the elevation of you're unit. Also some pics of the main floor, we got lucky with ours, we got a bigger unit that extends out, the garden units are not all the same some unit extend out and in depending on where you are located in the row.
2nd try for the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	garden1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	14552   Click image for larger version

Name:	garden2.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	14553  
Old 2018-11-26, 10:57 AM
Regular User

Quote:
2nd try for the pics.
3rd try with living room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	garden3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	14554   Click image for larger version

Name:	garden4.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	14555  
Old 2018-11-29, 08:03 PM

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. Looks good. I'm more worried now about my furniture then before and feel like we might need to hoist it up to the balcony. I should of held off on the sofa and bed set but its too late. How are the bedrooms upstairs? Are they a good size? We have a queen bed and I held off on buying the side tables or dresser because I have no idea what the space will be like.
Old 2018-12-03, 12:46 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2018 View Post
Thanks so much for posting the pictures. Looks good. I'm more worried now about my furniture then before and feel like we might need to hoist it up to the balcony. I should of held off on the sofa and bed set but its too late. How are the bedrooms upstairs? Are they a good size? We have a queen bed and I held off on buying the side tables or dresser because I have no idea what the space will be like.
What kind of sofa did you get? If it's a sectional L shape sofa, I wouldn't worry about it much. We bought a decent size sectional sofa and it came up the stairs fine. The only issue is that if you got a Big Sofa that doesn't come in pieces or a king size mattress then you'll probably want to put it through the balcony, but I would be careful about it because i'm not sure how tough is the safety railing as the mattress is pretty heavy and also the railing has glass.

Edit: Also If you are concern about the bedroom size, the master is pretty big for us. I guess it depends on the model of your house but our master fits a king size no problem, however the second bed room i won't be so sure. I think it'll fit the queen size but I am not sure if you have a lot of room for anything else.

Master Bedroom is 11.7 x 11.1 feet
Second Bedroom is 9.9 x 9.3 feet

Last edited by NeoCloudZero; 2018-12-03 at 12:57 PM.
Old 2018-12-03, 03:14 PM

Thanks so much for replying. Do you have a garden model? we bought the garden TH2. I just got yet another delay this week. I don't know why. We were set to move in March now but got pushed to JUNE but when I drive by they are working on it and the out side looks nearly done. The sectional is an L shape but when I look at it, it looks big and bulky. Im glad you said the master bedroom feels big.
Old 2018-12-03, 03:29 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2018 View Post
Thanks so much for replying. Do you have a garden model? we bought the garden TH2. I just got yet another delay this week. I don't know why. We were set to move in March now but got pushed to JUNE but when I drive by they are working on it and the out side looks nearly done. The sectional is an L shape but when I look at it, it looks big and bulky. Im glad you said the master bedroom feels big.
Np, we have the TH1,size might vary from model to model but i think queen size should be good. Even better I think you'll be able to bring up the mattress through the stairs, because the clearing with the ceiling should be around 72 -74 inches(which is why king size has problems but queen should fit). Our sectional is big as well, i think it should fit..
Old 2018-12-11, 01:17 PM

Did anyone get a letter on their door from “provident” stating they need entry into unit to check water meter? Just want to know if it is legit.