Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2014-05-04, 10:15 PM
Regular User

Talking meet n greet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Hey Kinglet,

How was the meet and greet?
Hey Chickadee,

It was great... we meet several neighbours, had some great conversation and laughs. Overall very much enjoyed it

Also nice sandwich wraps and desserts to top it all off

Old 2014-05-04, 10:37 PM
Regular User

Red face prices up

Quote:
Hello Everyone!

My fiance and I bought a 36' lot on a ravine property. We went to the March 22 invitation and put down a bid on the same day. A week later, our model went up $6000. We just got an email stating that prices are going up again. Did everyone's model also go up?

I know there is a meet and greet tomorrow. Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it. Let us know how the turn out goes!
Hey Chickadee,

You asked how much they went up, Prices went up on the 36 lots by $2000 as of Monday May 5th.

Also, I was wondering what you chose for your free builder upgrades?

We selected
1. Hardwood main floor
2. Air conditioner
3. Garage door access from inside house

Were very happy, because they are exactly what we wanted.

how about you Chickadee?

Old 2014-05-04, 11:53 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinglets View Post
Hey Chickadee,

You asked how much they went up, Prices went up on the 36 lots by $2000 as of Monday May 5th.

Also, I was wondering what you chose for your free builder upgrades?

We selected
1. Hardwood main floor
2. Air conditioner
3. Garage door access from inside house

Were very happy, because they are exactly what we wanted.

how about you Chickadee?
Hey Kinglet,

We have our apt to select our upgrades tomorrow evening. I am leaving the upgrade choices up to my fiance as he's going to be looking after the upgrades once we move in. I think he is choosing:

1) hardwood on upper level/master
2) oak staircase on main floor
3) garage entry into home

He chose the first 2 as they would be expensive to upgrade later on. Installing hardwood around the iron pickets would be expensive later on. He also said staircases in general are expensive as it is not something you build in your own. And the garage entry is structural.

I went on tickerfactory as per your instructions...hopefully when I post this message, it will work (fingers crossed)

Old 2014-05-04, 11:54 PM
Regular User

Guess it didnt work lol...

Old 2014-05-05, 12:10 AM
Regular User

Smile

Quote:
Guess it didnt work lol...
hehe

Chickadee,

when you go create the ticker like you did. it gives you 3 codes choose to cut and paste. make sure you copy the whole bbcode also, make shure you copy and paste the bbcode one and paste it in signature... re-do it and make sure you copy the whole thing it will look something like this:

this is what mine looks like when I added it to edit signature:

[ url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[ img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;436/st/20150924/e/Closing+Date/k/ec71/event.png[/img ]
[/url ]

it should be that long.

try on more time

Last edited by Kinglets; 2014-05-05 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added some info
Old 2014-05-05, 11:47 PM
Regular User

Quote:
hehe

Chickadee,

when you go create the ticker like you did. it gives you 3 codes choose to cut and paste. make sure you copy the whole bbcode also, make shure you copy and paste the bbcode one and paste it in signature... re-do it and make sure you copy the whole thing it will look something like this:

this is what mine looks like when I added it to edit signature:

[ url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[ img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;436/st/20150924/e/Closing+Date/k/ec71/event.png[/img ]
[/url ]

it should be that long.

try on more time

Hey Kinglet,

We went to out structural appointment today. We didn't make any structural changes but asked for builder costs for certain upgrades (granite kitchen countertops, hardwood floors, etc.). We wanted to price it to see if it would be cheaper to go through builders vs. have my fiance install it.

You were right, the homes did go up another 2K which is fantastic news. The lady also told us that 65% of the homes have been sold. She said they will start servicing the area soon and start laying foundation early November.

I also went on tickerfactory and tried pasting the code again (fingers crossed this time).

What lot are you btw? I am 143 Secreto St.

Old 2014-05-06, 12:01 AM
Regular User

Talking Ticker worked

Quote:
Hey Kinglet,

We went to out structural appointment today. We didn't make any structural changes but asked for builder costs for certain upgrades (granite kitchen countertops, hardwood floors, etc.). We wanted to price it to see if it would be cheaper to go through builders vs. have my fiance install it.

You were right, the homes did go up another 2K which is fantastic news. The lady also told us that 65% of the homes have been sold. She said they will start servicing the area soon and start laying foundation early November.

I also went on tickerfactory and tried pasting the code again (fingers crossed this time).

What lot are you btw? I am 143 Secreto St.
Hey Chickadee,

The ticker worked!! looks good!! yeah

yeah we were shocked to see so many lots sold in such a short time when we were there on the weekend. Awesome work Lancaster!

We were the first to do our structural, waiting on prices now. Hopefully in a weeks time or so we get the results.

We are lot #29 on Standardbred Cres The Kinglet model in elevation C (I think we are the only ones on our street,so far that has all vinyl exterior, but that's ok it will make our home exterior unique hehe (plus guests can find our home easily)

Glad to hear they are braking ground soon, were too excited!

Old 2014-05-06, 11:15 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Hey Chickadee,

The ticker worked!! looks good!! yeah

yeah we were shocked to see so many lots sold in such a short time when we were there on the weekend. Awesome work Lancaster!

We were the first to do our structural, waiting on prices now. Hopefully in a weeks time or so we get the results.

We are lot #29 on Standardbred Cres The Kinglet model in elevation C (I think we are the only ones on our street,so far that has all vinyl exterior, but that's ok it will make our home exterior unique hehe (plus guests can find our home easily)

Glad to hear they are braking ground soon, were too excited!

Hey Kinglet,

Looks like you are not too far away! When are you closing? And yes, the ticker is working!!!

Old 2014-05-06, 11:27 PM
Regular User

Smile closing date

Quote:
Hey Kinglet,

Looks like you are not too far away! When are you closing? And yes, the ticker is working!!!
Our closing date is September 2015

Really Excited!!

Its our first home, and our plan is to pay it off and enjoy it for many many years to come!!

Had to share this .... on CP24 today, they said that the average price of a detached in Toronto is $965,000 (insane eh) ... and in GTA is $645,000

So, with that said we found a great home at a AMAZING PRICE!

Old 2014-05-14, 07:37 AM

And then there was one more...........

We purchased on Monday, so you all have a new neighbor.