Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Basement Finishing and Renovations

Basement Finishing and Renovations Has it been 2 years already? Time to work on finishing the basement into some extra living space.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2019-01-16, 01:56 PM
Regular User

Default So the fun begins on my Basement Renovation

Hello everyone, I have been reading through some of your basement renovations and am in awe at how they have turned out. It has helped me get motivated on starting on my basement.

I will start with a bit of a backstory and a lot of pictures of where I am at now which is just getting started.

We just moved into our new house this past summer.
We were a family of 5 trying to fit into a small 2 bedroom semi detached house, I finished the basement there and it was working OK but we knew we would need to move soon as there was no room to grow. On top of that we found out number 4 was on the way.

So this summer we purchased and moved into our new house. 2300 sq. ft on almost 2 acres. Two 2 car garages, in ground pool and a small forest at the back of the property. the house is 3 bedrooms on the main floor and 3 potential bedrooms in the basement which was partially finished but all the flooring had been ripped out when the sump pump failed.

the first few months were the typical maintenance projects and getting things up to the way we wanted them, mostly small projects and a lot of yard work to catch up from the neglect outside.

Here are a few shots that really sold us on this being our forever home.
We knew that to get the property we wanted we were going to get a house that needed some work.

A few more details on the house.
It was originally located on the other side of town and moved to this lot 10-15 years ago. When you see some of the basement pictures it does help explain why some of the things were done the way they were.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_18001678_7.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	14564   Click image for larger version

Name:	_18001678_11.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	14565   Click image for larger version

Name:	_18001678_8.jpg
Views:	73