Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-06-01, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloottawa View Post
So one line means they are amazing right? Then they state ďExcept in the following circumstances.Ē That is almost an entire page. Gee that sure sounds like they are out to provide top notch service. You hear that everyone, we can all go home now.
I'm not sure I understand this statement you have made.
"Yes we cover the costs of repairs.. unless you damage it, something around it damaged it, you don't look after it, etc.. But here's a number you can call 24/7 to address any service issues?"

That seems pretty reasonable to me. My contracts have something similar in them for what we do.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2019-06-01, 06:58 PM
Regular User

Then why all the valid complaints? Why the unhappy customers? Why all the fuss? You guys are are basically saying; “yeah, this all makes sense.” But you tend to avoid the real issue and conveniently go around them. I don’t know how many times someone has to say it but this is all about consumer choice, the legal requirements of a contract and the predatory tied selling that these companies are trying to bully people into. You can’t dismiss all of that with one line.
Old 2019-06-01, 09:25 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suezuki650 View Post
Wow, personal attacks and rudeness. Pablo you really need to re-think your approach.

In 20 years of renting a water heater, I never had to pay for repairs, nor has anyone I know.

My father had to pay for venting when he got a new rental tank as the new tank needed something different than what he had. He was renting the tank not the infrastructure.

That said, it's still a better value to own instead of rent, BUT you don't have to personally attack anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Not everyone has the same contract with the builder that you have. Not everyone is dealing with the same rental company.

Stop with the insults and attacks.
No personal attacks were made but thatís your point of view. Anyhoo, clearly there are people chiming in who have a vested interest in seeing this lack of consumer choice and predatory practice continue. That was what I was referring to. Itís not about the techs who are obviously just trying to do their jobs and trying to provide genuine customer service (because letís face it, they ARE the ones who stand right in front of their customers and need to mediate between what they are required to do and what the contract says), Itís about the corporations and their attitude towards consumers.

If you never had to pay for any repairs then you make up a small percentage of the people who came here to get help. Iím glad you are doing well and happy with your arrangement but this discussion is about sharing our stories in order to help those who donít like the arrangement of being forced to pay an inflated monthly fee for something they should feel they should own and DONíT feel itís fair to be forced to pay an unfair buyout price to own something that is now worth well below what they are being told they need to pay.
Old 2019-06-02, 01:57 AM
Administrator

So you are stating that people are being charged for service on the tank that was supposed to be included in the rental agreement?
Or are these people complaining about paying for service that was not included in the rental agreement?
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2019-06-02, 11:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
So you are stating that people are being charged for service on the tank that was supposed to be included in the rental agreement?
Or are these people complaining about paying for service that was not included in the rental agreement?
I wouldn't bother engaging with this one Greg. He's so blinded that he can't see past his nose. I mean when someone posts a link to the Terms of Service and claims they have read them then gets shown exactly what those terms say he still argues. If he missed that then it tells me he either doesn't understand what he's reading or is so headstrong that absolutely nothing will change his mind. The sad part is that he's actually giving legal advice and some people are listening to him.

He calls this a "discussion" but berates anyone with a differing opinion. Anyone who disagrees with him "has a agenda" or "must work for Enercare." He places blame at the feet of the water heater company when it clearly belongs with the builder but still he can't or won't try to understand that.

He got a free water heater with his house that he then switched out for another due to the builder having an agreement with a specific company. How he doesn't understand that is beyond me. Then again, I'm looking at this rationally.
Old 2019-06-02, 11:47 AM
Regular User

New Orleans
You nailed it..
Old 2019-06-02, 12:09 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemy1415 View Post
Quick update on our "battle" with Enercare.

They are basically not budging and insist that we have a contract with them. Basically blame the builder for not passing on additional information properly but they "cannot comment" on their actions. For them, the lose wording in our purchase of sale agreement is a binding and enforceable legal contract between us and Enercare.

At this point, we would be fine buying out the unit at a reasonable cost but they want 4K for a unit that is worth 1600$ from the company's website. As a gesture of good will, they would take off 390$ of their price, which is still ridiculous. We've asked what their price entail and they stated that "among other things, the unpaid cost of the equipment and related installation, finance and servicing costs"

We will offer them 2K for it, especially since they cannot confirm what the "other things" are.
What tank do you have? The one closest to 4K on the buyout schedule is the RUC98 with the buyout cost of $3,980.00. On the Rinnai website for that tank it says this...List Price: CAD 2,588.04
MSRP: CAD 1,941.03 (Not including installation)

So once you add the shipping, installation and tax, your offer of 2K is a little on the low end. Unless you have a different tank but that's the closest to 4K that's on the buyout sheet.
Old 2019-06-02, 12:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
New Orleans
You nailed it..
Yep.I just hope people don't get caught up in something taking his advice
Old 2019-06-02, 12:24 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
You can read the entire discussion as itís already been argued by many others.
Old 2019-06-02, 02:54 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloottawa View Post
You can read the entire discussion as itís already been argued by many others.
Or you could post a link or two where people are claiming their service agreement wasn't upheld by the rental company. I'm not arguing whether the service agreements are good or bad for customers. But I haven't seen too many people complaining they had to pay out of their pockets for service calls, but that appears to be what you are saying.