Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2018-10-29, 01:43 PM
Regular User

if anyone else is also waiting for news on King Vaughan reopening over Hwy 400

it will be too far in 2019
( The anticipated opening of the King-Vaughan structure will be September 2019.)

https://www.vaughan.ca/news/Info%20C...02,%202018.pdf

NOTICE OF CLOSURE
KING-VAUGHAN ROAD UNDERPASS BRIDGE STRUCTURE
KING-VAUGHAN ROAD FROM WESTON ROAD TO JANE STREET REGION OF YORK, CITY OF VAUGHAN AND TOWNSHIP OF KING MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION CONTRACT 2017-2001
The Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) is undertaking the demolition and reconstruction of the King-Vaughan underpass bridge structure to accommodate the widening and reconstruction of Highway 400 from Major Mackenzie Drive to King Road in the City of Vaughan and Township of King within the Regional Municipality of York.
The closure of King-Vaughan Road between Weston Road and Jane Street is expected to commence as early as March 23rd 2018. During this time, only construction traffic and local access to private properties on King-Vaughan Road within the closure will be permitted.
The King-Vaughan Underpass Bridge Structure demolition and new construction will be completed by Dufferin Construction Company. A temporary full closure of Highway 400 Northbound and Southbound between King Road and Teston Road is required to facilitate the demolition of the existing King-Vaughan Road bridge structure.
Please note that there may be periodic night time and possibly weekend construction work outside the permitted hours in the City of Vaughan Noise By-Law and Township of King Noise By-Law to avoid substantial traffic disruption if conducted solely during the hours specified in the by-laws.
For construction work conducted outside the permitted hours, MTO has secured an exemption from the subject municipal by-laws. Construction noise levels will be based upon a variety of factors such as time and location of operation, size and concurrent use of equipment and staging of construction. Standard noise mitigation measures pertaining to equipment maintenance and operation will be implemented as part of the contract.
Should you require further information on this project please contact Mr. Michael Pappas, the Site Contract Administrator at 905-597-5819 or 2017-2001@aecom.com
Old 2018-10-31, 04:01 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstry View Post
Bell internet will be coming soon...

If you drive by old neighbourhood west of hwy 27 - there a sign board of a company working on installing fiber network for Bell - see attached picture ,

I called them today and they said our neighbourhood is next in line for installation and early next year ( may be spring ) they will start putting up the infrastructure

Rogers 1GB speed internet is ok these days but better to have more option and completion

Cannt wait to get on Bell newly launched 1.5 Gb plan

https://ibb.co/mhCjJA

We get to choose between 2 of the worst companies in the world now.

Quote:
if anyone else is also waiting for news on King Vaughan reopening over Hwy 400

it will be too far in 2019
( The anticipated opening of the King-Vaughan structure will be September 2019.)

https://www.vaughan.ca/news/Info%20C...02,%202018.pdf

NOTICE OF CLOSURE
KING-VAUGHAN ROAD UNDERPASS BRIDGE STRUCTURE
KING-VAUGHAN ROAD FROM WESTON ROAD TO JANE STREET REGION OF YORK, CITY OF VAUGHAN AND TOWNSHIP OF KING MINISTRY OF TRANSPORTATION CONTRACT 2017-2001
The Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO) is undertaking the demolition and reconstruction of the King-Vaughan underpass bridge structure to accommodate the widening and reconstruction of Highway 400 from Major Mackenzie Drive to King Road in the City of Vaughan and Township of King within the Regional Municipality of York.
The closure of King-Vaughan Road between Weston Road and Jane Street is expected to commence as early as March 23rd 2018. During this time, only construction traffic and local access to private properties on King-Vaughan Road within the closure will be permitted.
The King-Vaughan Underpass Bridge Structure demolition and new construction will be completed by Dufferin Construction Company. A temporary full closure of Highway 400 Northbound and Southbound between King Road and Teston Road is required to facilitate the demolition of the existing King-Vaughan Road bridge structure.
Please note that there may be periodic night time and possibly weekend construction work outside the permitted hours in the City of Vaughan Noise By-Law and Township of King Noise By-Law to avoid substantial traffic disruption if conducted solely during the hours specified in the by-laws.
For construction work conducted outside the permitted hours, MTO has secured an exemption from the subject municipal by-laws. Construction noise levels will be based upon a variety of factors such as time and location of operation, size and concurrent use of equipment and staging of construction. Standard noise mitigation measures pertaining to equipment maintenance and operation will be implemented as part of the contract.
Should you require further information on this project please contact Mr. Michael Pappas, the Site Contract Administrator at 905-597-5819 or 2017-2001@aecom.com
I'm assuming that construction at Major Mack and 27 is to bring the 427 north up to there and across 27.
Thanks for the info, letstry.

Last edited by joetoronto; 2018-10-31 at 04:03 AM.
Old 2018-10-31, 10:35 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post
We get to choose between 2 of the worst companies in the world now.
But maybe more choices from 3rd party ISPs?
Old 2018-10-31, 12:25 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBandy View Post
But maybe more choices from 3rd party ISPs?
3rd party providers have always been available. If there's a problem though, guess who you're going to deal with?

And you're at the bottom of the list because you went to a 3rd party provider.
Old 2019-01-29, 08:53 PM
Regular User

Bell fiber work is continuing even these days including today

Seems like they will be messing up grass area a lot

I hope they come back in spring to patch it
Old 2019-01-30, 05:53 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Bell fiber work is continuing even these days including today

Seems like they will be messing up grass area a lot

I hope they come back in spring to patch it
Good question, letstry. Time will tell.

Regarding Bell, this explains why Rogers contacted us and gave us 6 months or so ago and offered us more for less. I was wondering why they would do that and then sure enough Bell shows up and starts installing "Fibe."

I guess the deal between Rogers and the developer was for 10 years.
Old 2019-02-01, 12:25 PM
Regular User

I think it could also have to due with the Town assuming all of the roads and infrastructure in the neighbourhood so Bell could get approvals to come in and install their infrastructure in the entire neighbourhood as opposed to just a few streets that were assumed.

Quote:
Good question, letstry. Time will tell.

Regarding Bell, this explains why Rogers contacted us and gave us 6 months or so ago and offered us more for less. I was wondering why they would do that and then sure enough Bell shows up and starts installing "Fibe."

I guess the deal between Rogers and the developer was for 10 years.
Old 2019-02-03, 06:52 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosimo View Post
I think it could also have to due with the Town assuming all of the roads and infrastructure in the neighbourhood so Bell could get approvals to come in and install their infrastructure in the entire neighbourhood as opposed to just a few streets that were assumed.
It's great to hear from you again, Cosimo.

One thing I thought was a little strange is that one of the Somerville crew who are contracted by Bell to do the work came to the door and asked me verbally if I would be interested in their service.

He then explained that they would have to dig and install a metal plate in the grass, kinda like the ones you see from lawn sprinkler systems.
Old 2019-02-05, 08:54 PM
Regular User

Ask him if they can also install water sprinkler ??🤣🤣🤣

Quote:

One thing I thought was a little strange is that one of the Somerville crew who are contracted by Bell to do the work came to the door and asked me verbally if I would be interested in their service.

He then explained that they would have to dig and install a metal plate in the grass, kinda like the ones you see from lawn sprinkler systems.
Old 2019-02-07, 07:54 AM
Regular User

They came to my door, and explained that every house will have the green plate/cover on their grass and it was not an option. It was only an option to have their wire brought up to the side of the house for future use if you wanted to switch providers.

Quote: